Jacques Dominique Wilkins ( born January 12, 1960 in Paris as an American citizen ) is a retired American professional basketball player. He is one of the most successful points scorer in NBA history, and was with his repertoire of spectacular dunks of the most talked players of his time.
1982 Wilkins was selected by the Utah Jazz in third place in the draft, but sent directly afterwards in a trade with the Atlanta Hawks, where he was for twelve years the crowd favorite and 1986 with an average of 30.3 points per game scoring leader of the NBA was. He belongs with a total score of 26,668 points for elite circle of 17 players who scored more than 25,000 points in their career. Legendary are his Slam Dunk Contest Michael Jordan duels with the late 80s. His greatest achievement in this respect was probably winning the Slam Dunk Contest in 1985 against the NBA rookie Jordan, whereupon it won the competition two years later. Wilkins won the slam dunk contest a second time in 1990. Due to its spectacular play his nickname "Human Highlight Film ". Late in his career he was nicknamed " Antique Nique " because of his advanced age.
In 2006 he was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield.
- World Champion: 1994
- European Champion Clubs' Cup: 1996
- Greek Cup winner: 1996
- NBA scoring champion :1985 -86 ( 30.3 points per game )
- MVP of the Greek Basketball Cup final: 1996
- NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Champion: 1985, 1990
- NBA All- Rookie Team: 1983
- All- NBA First Team: 1986
- All- NBA Second Team: 1987, 1988, 1991, 1993
- All- NBA Third Team: 1989, 1994
- Participate in the NBA All- Star Game: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
- Inclusion in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (2006)