Dongfang (东方 市Chinese, Pinyin Dongfang Shì ) is a county-level city in the south west of the Chinese island province of Hainan. It lies on the lower reaches of the Changhua Jiang (昌化 江). Your administrative area has an area of 2,256, 27 km ² and extends from 18 ° 43 ' to 19 ° 18' north latitude and 108 ° 37 ' to 109 ° 07' east longitude. The end of 2004 the city had a reported population of 386 901 people ( population density. 171.5 inhab / km ²). Dongfang is directly subordinate to the provincial government.
Dongfang was founded in 1952 as a circle. In November 1987, the circle in the " Autonomous County Dongfang Li- nationality" (东方 黎族 自治县) was converted from its resolution then on March 12, 1997 was the present county-level city Dongfang.
Dongfang is composed of eight large municipalities and two municipalities. These are:
- Greater community Basuo (八 所 镇), seat of city government;
- Greater community Donghe (东 河镇);
- Greater community Datian (大 田镇);
- Greater community Gancheng (感 城镇);
- Greater community Banqiao (板 桥镇);
- Greater community Sanjia (三家 镇);
- Greater community Sigeng (四 更 镇);
- Large village Xinlong (新 龙镇);
- Municipality Gate of Heavenly Peace (天 安 乡);
- Community Jiangbian (江边 乡).
In addition, there are four state farms in the administrative area of Dongfang. These are:
- State Farm Guangba (国营 广 坝 农场);
- State Farm Gong'ai (国营 公 爱 农场);
- State Farm Hongquan (国营 红 泉 农场);
- Province - State Farm Dongfang Chinese Overseas (省 国营 东方 华侨 农场).
Ethnic structure of the population Dongfang (2000)
At the census in the year 2000 358.313 inhabitants were counted.
Independent cities, counties and autonomous counties:
19.098608639444108.63333Koordinaten: 19 ° 6 ' N, 108 ° 38 ' E
- Place in Hainan
- District-free city (China)