Electron is a Swedish manufacturer of electronic musical instruments, notably synthesizers, drum machines, samplers and groove boxes.
In 1997, the student Daniel Troberg and Daniel Hansson developed at Chalmers University of Technology a simple synthesizer from a Commodore 64 chip. It included three oscillators, three possible envelopes, four LFOs and an analog filter. Finally, the prototype was developed and installed in an aluminum housing and called SidStation. At this time, ten copies were made .
1998 electron was founded as a company. This was possible since the company was financially supported by the University. The SidStation has now been produced in larger quantities, but soon came to an end, as the Commodore chips were becoming harder to obtain. The SidStation was very popular because of its innovative technology.
At the turn of the millennium, the company worked on the Machine Drum, a drum machine, in which a 16- track sequencer is integrated. The Machinedrum SPS -1 MK.I came in 2001 on the market.
In 2003, the mono machine, which was a simulation of SidStation appeared. Electron was a private company, so the promotion was terminated by the University.
Died 2007 Daniel Hansson, the founder and co-inventor of the electron in a serious traffic accident. For him, a memorial page on the Internet was created, at the beginning of 2011 it was possible to buy dollars thirty songs for 5. The proceeds were donated to the WWF. Among all donors, one of the last, like new SIDstations was raffled.
In early 2011, after a long announcement of the Octatrack DPS -1, an 8-track sampler with crossfader and up to 64GB of memory is presented. The Octatrack was the first "Major Product" which was developed without Daniel Hansson. As a promotion for the Octatrack Elektron turned a short film which deals with a surreal world.
2012 a branch was opened in Japan and announced a new product under the slogan " Tradition and Future" in the fall. After initially a video surfaced in which a record with the sounds of the new device is playing, published electron on November 9, 2012 a short film entitled "Analog Four - The Demon who wears me" (Analog Four - The Demon of carrying me ). Protagonist occurs " Hector", a fictional character who has declared in previous years, yet the functions of the instruments. The film is in an apocalyptic present and is used as a promotion for the analog Four.
The Drum Machine is a drum machine, in which a 16- track sequencer is integrated. The first version of PLC -1 MK.I 2001 was further developed in 2005 to MK.II and up to date as Machinedrum SPS - 1UW MK.II offered from 2010 with the extension and User Wave Drive along with the MIDI interface TM-1. The latter can load samples into the drum machine with 10 -fold speed over conventional Midi samples from the PC and was developed in 2006. Background for the development of user Wave was the growing demand for new samples and links. The design of the Machinedrum has remained except for a change in color of the display bezel until today the same.
After SidStation and the Machine Drum lacked a real synthesizer, which is why the company developed the Monomachine. In 2003, the mono machine SFX - sixth It was a long console, which consisted of the actual Momomachine and a 37 -key keyboard with joystick. This version was sold similar to the Machinedrum in a housing. Monomachine and Machinedrum should complement each other. 2007 and unwieldy and long Monomachine SFX -6 was replaced by the keyboard -less SFX -60 MK.I. Also this has been constantly developed and sold as a 2010 SFX -60 MK.II also equipped with Drive.
The 2011 published Octatrack DPS - 1 is an 8 -track sampler with crossfader and up to 64 GB of memory. The Octatrack completes the "Trinity" mentioned product range of electron. He is black.
For analog Four is an analog, 4-lane synthesizer. He is on pre-order since the beginning of November and was delivered from the 7th of December.
At the latest product is an 8 -voice drum machine which was presented at the NAMM show in January 2014.
- Tha Blue Herb, Japanese hip- hop group, Machinedrum and Monomachine
- M83, French Dreampopgruppe, Machinedrum
- Boys Noize, German DJ, Machinedrum and Monomachine
- Otto von Schirach, American DJ, Machinedrum
- Chris Liebing, German DJ, Machinedrum
- Zombie Nation, german techno project, Mono Machine
- Skinny Puppy, Canadian Electronicaprojekt, Machinedrum and Monomachine
- Hot Chip, British electro group, Machinedrum
- John Frusciante, guitarist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Machinedrum and Monomachine
- Orbital, British Technoduo, Machinedrum and Monomachine
- Jean Michel Jarre, a French musician, Machinedrum and Monomachine
- The Knife, Swedish Technoduo, Machinedrum
- John Tejada, Austrian DJ, Machinedrum and Monomachine
- Autechre, British Electronicagruppe, Machinedrum and Monomachine
- New Order, British Wave group, Machinedrum
- Chemical Brothers, British Electroduo, Machinedrum, Monomachine and SidStation
- Air, French Electronicaband, Machindedrum and Monomachine
- Dapayk, German techno producer, Machinedrum, Monomachine, Octatrack and analog Four
Electron is a member of the German - Swedish Chamber of Commerce.