Norman Cook ( born July 31, 1963 in Bromley, London), better known as Fatboy Slim and born Quentin Leo Cook as, is a British musician. More pseudonym under which he published his music Pizzaman and Son of a Cheeky Boy.
Life and achievements
The well-known under his stage name Son of a Cheeky Boy, Fatboy Slim Norman Cook and celebrated artist formerly known as bassist for The Housemartins successes, including the song Caravan of Love. His solo career began in 1988. 1989 he founded with Lindy Layton Beats International, the band that successfully until 1991, there was had. In 1993 he formed together with John Reid, the House Pizzaman project and with Gareth Hansome aka Mighty Dub Katz GMoney the. In addition, he was between 1994 and 1997 a member of the contemporary funk pop band Freak Power. They released two albums, including the radio hit Turn On, Tune In, Cop Out.
Cook sat with his numerous remixes standards for those of music (eg, Brimful of Asha by Cornershop ), which should be known later under the name of Big Beat. However, his wide stylistic spectrum extends to house and dancefloor productions. Among his biggest hits as Fatboy Slim are Right Here, Right Now The Rockafeller Skank and that was the theme song of FIFA 99, and Praise You.
Also known are his music videos ( Right Here, Right Now, directed by Hammer & Tongs ) worked up, among other things, the evolutionary history of man comedic show or an amateur dance troupe at the merry dance ( Praise You, directed by Spike Jonze ). The video for Weapon of Choice with Hollywood star Christopher Walken (from director Spike Jonze ) won in April 2002, the vote for the " best video of all time " from the list of top 100 music videos. These were asked in a survey of musicians, directors and managers in the context of the music industry by the British music channel VH1 to vote.
The conference, organized by Fatboy Slim Big Beach Boutique Free Party drew in their second edition in July 2002, about 250,000 people to dance on the beach of Brighton. A documentation of the event was released on DVD.
In August 2008, the first science - Faxtion album was released, on which he has also cooperated.
Singles and EPs
As Son of a Cheeky Boy
- Essential Selection Vol One ( Label: London Records 90 Ltd. / 2000. )
- Big Beach Boutique II ( Label: Southern Fried Records / October 7, 2002 )
- The Friday Night Hot Mix 03/01/02 ( Label: Southern Fried Records) - This mix was created exclusively by Fatboy Slim for BBC Radio 1 and fired only in a limited edition on CDRs. It was played on January 3, 2002 " Pete Tong's Essential Selection Radio Program".
- Fala aí! ( Label: ST2 Records / 2006)
- Fatboy Slim - Late Night Tales ( Label: Azuli / October 2007)
- Fatboy Slim - Incredible Adventures in Brazil (2008, DVD CD, from his tour of Brazil)
Compilations of Norman Cook
- A Break from the Norm ( Label: Restless/2001 ) - Norman sampled tracks that found use in the following of his plays: Praise You, Santa Cruz, Song for Lindy, Demons, Goin 'Out of My Head, Ya Mama, Gangsta Trippin ' Rockafeller Skank, punk to funk, Sho ' Nuff, Soul Surfin ' Build It Up Tear It Down and Right Here Right Now
- Big Beach Boutique 2 ( Label: Southern Fried Records / 2002 published as DVD)
- Big Beach Boutique 5 ( published in 2012, on CD & DVD)