Qingpu District, Shanghai
Qingpu (青浦 区, Qīngpǔ Qū ) is a municipality in the west of China's centrally-administered city of Shanghai. It has about 457,000 inhabitants ( end of 2007) in an area of 670.14 square kilometers. The population density is 678 inhabitants per square kilometer.
Qingpu is the westernmost municipality of Shanghai. It borders on the Dianshan Lake, the only freshwater reservoir of Shanghai, and is drained by the Huangpu Jiang and Jiang Wusong. In Qingpu 2000 years old settlements have been found during excavations. In Qingpu Zhujiajiao is well, the "Venice of Shanghai ", a popular tourist excursion.
In the city of Qingpu District is the German School Shanghai and due to tax benefits numerous factories and offices of foreign companies.
Qingpu is composed of three road districts and eight large communities. These are:
- Road district Xiayang (夏阳 街道), seat of city district government;
- Road district Xianghuaqiao (香花 桥 街道);
- Road district Yingpu (盈 浦 街道);
- Greater community Baihe (白鹤 镇);
- Greater community Chonggu (重 固镇);
- Greater community Huaxin (华 新 镇);
- Greater community Jinze (金泽 镇);
- Greater community Liantang (练 塘镇);
- Greater community Xujing (徐 泾 镇);
- Greater community Zhaoxiang (赵 巷镇);
- Large village Zhujiajiao (朱家角 镇).