Jinshan (金山区Jinshan Qū ) is a municipality in the Chinese -administered city of Shanghai. It was created in 1992 from the former county Jinshan.
He has 527 062 inhabitants (2003 ) on an area of 586.05 square kilometers. The population density is 899 inhabitants per square kilometer.
The Shanghai Petrochemical Company Ltd.. Headquartered in Jinshan. In Jinshan is also the greater community Caojing, which has become known in the economy, particularly through their chemical park "Shanghai Chemical Industry Park".
At the community level, Jinshan is composed of a road district and nine major municipalities. These are:
- Greater community Shanyang (山 阳镇), the seat of government of the municipality;
- Street Quarter Shihua (石化 街道);
- Greater community Caojing (漕 泾 镇);
- Greater community Fengjing (枫 泾 镇);
- Greater community Jinshanwei (金山 卫 镇);
- Greater community Kuoxia (廊下 镇);
- Greater community Lüxiang (吕 巷镇);
- Greater community Tinglin (亭 林镇);
- Greater community Zhangyan (张 堰镇);
- Greater community Zhujing (朱泾镇).
Notable people from Jinshan
- Ma Kai ( b. 1946 ) Since 2013 Vice Premier of China, since 2012 member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China comes from Jinshan.