Rangsdorf railway station

  • Berlin- Dresden ( 24.3 km ) ( KBS 203/207/240)
  • Military Bahn Berlin - Jiiterbog (km 22.0 ) ( decommissioned)


The rank village railway station is the municipality rank village in Brandenburg Teltow -Flaming. It is located at kilometer 24.3 of the Dresden railway. Until 1919, the western part of the railway station of the Royal Prussian military railway served.

Location and construction

The station is located west of the village center on Rangsdorfer Fontaneplatz. He is at ground level and comprises three platforms for passenger transport. The station building of the former military railway lies to the west of the railway tracks, it is now used as a residential building. The station building of the former Berlin- Dresden Railway is located on the east side. A third approach has been built in the expansion of the former military railway platform to platform suburb in 1940 at the south end. A pedestrian bridge connects the two sides and the platforms together.

The military station, which was expanded to suburban station later is shown as a component of the Military Railway in the country's list of monuments of Brandenburg.


The station was opened together with the Berlin- Dresden, the Berlin- Dresden Railway Company on 17 June 1875. Four months later, the military railway, which ran parallel to Dresden train to Zossen. From 1890 the military station for passenger services was released, ten years later, the military station was a private reception building on the west side of the railway tracks.

Under the terms of the Treaty of Versailles Germany was allowed after the end of the First World War did not continue to operate the military train. The 30 -kilometer track between Berlin and Zossen was then dismantled and the passenger trains laid on the Dresden railway. The station building of the military railway was further used as a residential building.

The German Reichsbahn intended to October 1, 1940, the electrification of the Dresden railway between Berlin and Priesterweg Wunsdorf. In fact, the trains could depart from the October 6, 1940 only to rank the village. The military station was this provided with a second edge of the platform on the west side, stopped at the east side of the steam-powered trains leave Wunsdorf. At the same time the pedestrian bridge was built between the two sides. The main platform of the Dresden railway was then closed. To further electrification, there was no longer due to the war. The S-Bahn wrong every 20 minutes, the suburban services to Wünsdorf frequented the port.

The electric trains rested from April 1945 to October 1, 1945, he was temporarily bridged between steam trains. The second main track of the Dresden railway was dismantled as reparations to the Soviet Union and reduces the previously two-track mixed traffic between steam-powered and electric trains on a track. 1952, the second track was rebuilt, it was used exclusively from now on the features of the S-Bahn. The trains ran in a 30 -minute intervals to Berlin. With the construction of the Wall on 13 August 1961, the continuous S-Bahn connection was lost to Berlin. The first trains ran to Mahlow as an island line. On September 12, 1961 this island operation but was discontinued due to lack of Wagenhallen at the track and converted to steam operation. The steam trains used henceforth both main lines, the power rail of the western track was dismantled. The western platform edge of the suburb platform was not used further.

As the suburban trains no longer ended up in rank village, but were extended to the north, this crossed several times the main track to the suburb platform to drive. The eastern main platform was therefore taken in 1970 again. In 1982, the electrification of the Dresden train with AC and overhead line. The re- commissioning of the S -Bahn was complicated by the fact, but it is repeatedly discussed since 1990.

In the course of the project to extend the railway line between Berlin and Dresden to a top speed of up to 200 km / h began in May 2013, an extensive renovation of the station rank village after March 19, the Federal Railway Authority had issued the relevant planning decision. In the summer of 2013, the station building, pedestrian bridge, the dock plate and the loading dock and the pump station were demolished.

Besides the two main tracks through each one passing siding with regional transport platform are arranged in each direction as well as in addition to the north of the platforms, each one passing siding for freight trains. The railroad crossing south of the station is replaced by a railway overpass, access to the platforms is carried out in the future from there by means of stairways and lifts. A renewal of signaling and overhead line equipment and the construction of noise protection walls on both sides over a length of about one kilometer are also part of the renovation.


The train station is every hour of the regional express lines RE3 and RE7 of DB Regio operated, whereby an approximate 30 -minute intervals in the direction of Berlin and Wunsdorf results. There are connecting flights to the bus transport company Teltow -Flaming.