Szklarska Poręba [ ʃklarska pɔrɛmba ] ( German Schreiberhau) is a city in the powiat Jeleniogórski in the Province of Lower Silesia in Poland. In addition to Karpacz ( Karpacz ) it is the second most important Polish town in Giant Mountains and a center of tourism. The city belongs to the Euro region Neisse.
- 5.1 sons and daughters of the city
- 5.2 Further to the place connected person
- 7.1 Literature
- 7.2 External links
- 7.3 footnotes
Szklarska Poręba is 20 kilometers long and nine miles wide. It lies between the northern slopes of the Giant Mountains and the eastern foothills of the Jizera Mountains. The highest mountain in the city is the 1,362 m high Szrenica ( Reif carrier ). The southwestern district Jakuszyce ( Jakobsthal ) lies on Neuweltpass (Polish Przełęcz Szklarska ) in 886 m height. One kilometer south of the pass is the border crossing between Poland and the Czech Republic to the European Route 65, which runs from the Baltic port of Szczecin to Prague. Formerly called as Pip railway line that comes from Jelenia Góra, has a stop in Szklarska Poręba. After decades of interruption of these moves again since 2010 up to Tanvald ( Tannwald ).
Schreiberhau whose local name refers to the medieval grubbing, was first mentioned in 1366 as Schribirshau and 1372 called Schreiber show. It belonged to the Duchy of Świdnica and Jawor, which arrived in 1368 to the Crown of Bohemia. In 1545 the men tried Schaffgotsch, which belonged Schreiberhau, unsuccessfully for appointment to a mountain town. In the second half of the 16th century, many immigrants from Bohemia, where they were persecuted for their Protestant faith came. After the First Silesian War Schreiberhau fell in 1742 together with Silesia to Prussia. After the reorganization of Prussia belonged since 1815 to the province of Silesia and was 1816-1945 the district Hirschberg incorporated. Schreiberhau formed its own rural community and was the seat of the administrative district of the same name. In the 19th century it became a popular recreation and a well-known winter sports resort.
As a result of World War II Schreiberhau 1945 as almost all of Silesia fell to Poland and was renamed Szklarska Poręba. The German population was expelled. The new inhabitants were partly displaced persons from eastern Poland. 1975-1998 was Szklarska Poręba to Jelenia Gora Voivodeship. From 22 to 27 September 1947, the founding conference of the Communist Information Bureau Cominform was held in Szklarska Poręba. 1954 Szklarska Poręba was elevated to a town -like settlement and in 1959 to the city. Tourism is the largest economic factor in this resort, which due to the snow-sure location of winter sports plays a special role. The city has about 9,000 beds.
Already in 1366 consisted in Schreiberhau a glassworks, which was moved deeper into the mountains over the centuries. Founded in 1575, originally from Kreibitz in northern Bohemia, Johann Friedrich, a new glassworks in Schreiberhau. His father, Christoph Friedrich ran a glass factory in nearby child Sindelsdorf since 1545.
The creators Gotsche basic rule issued in 1617 another immigrant from Bohemia glass -making family ( Preußler ) permission to build and operate a glassworks. The Preußler operated the cottage over 200 years. 1841 founded the landlords Schaffgotsch in the district Weissbachtal a third glassworks, which was opened in 1842 and referred to as " Josephinenhütte ". Their leader was until 1882 Franz Pohl, a son of the last Preußler. The Josephinenhütte developed into the most important industrial operation of the site and was until 1923 owned by the Schaffgotsch family. In the same year the merger was carried out with the Hecker Chen glassworks in Petersdorf and Hermsdorfer company Neumann & Staebe to the " Josephinenhütte AG ", which remained in operation until 1945. After the transition to production in Poland Schreiberhau has been continued from 1946, with a portion of the old workforce partly by force, partly because of materia ller incentives still worked. After losing a lawsuit against a company founded by Franz Schaffgotsch " New Josephinenhütte " in Schwäbisch Gmünd, the company had to change its name in 1956 " Huta Szkła Juliet". The cottage is now closed, a part of the building is used as a museum. Smaller companies in the region are continuing the glassmaking traditions.
- The museum " Carl and Gerhart Hauptmann " (Dom Carla i Gerharta Hauptmannów ) in Mittelschreiberhau
- The cemetery church "St. Lady of the Rosary " ( kościół Różańcowej MB ) was originally called" consecrated Corpus Christi Church "and was first mentioned in 1488. In the 17th century it was rebuilt in 1888 and rebuilt. Main altar and pulpit date from the second quarter of the 17th century. To epitaphs are of deceased members of the glassmakers families (including CC Preußler, † 1803) On the outer walls.
- The Catholic branch church " Immaculate Heart of Mary " ( kościół Niepokalanego Serca NMB ) in the district of Lower Schreiberhau was built in 1755 by the architect Christian Feister as a Protestant church. Inside there are galleries that are connected to the pulpit altar. The crystal chandeliers were painted by a local crystal grinders in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Lodge hall of the former Josephine cottage in the valley of the river teeth ( Kamienna ) with the glass furnaces of 1841 and an upstream gantry.
- Many houses and villas in the former artists' colony.
- The WATERFALL ( Wodospad Kamienczyk ) is the highest waterfall in the Polish Sudetes.
In Szklarska Poręba there is a ski marathon of Worldloppet series with the Bieg Piastów. On 18 / 19th January 2014 is to be a station of the cross-country skiing World Cup here.
Sons and daughters of the city
- Joseph Partsch (1851-1925), geographer
- Max Stand (1854-1917), theologian and entomologist
- Carl Partsch (1855-1932), Surgeon
- Gerhard Kosel (1909-2003), architect of the Berlin TV Tower
- Claudia Keller (* 1944), writer
More connected to the people place
- Wilhelm Bölsche, writer
- Hanns Fechner, painters, writers
- Captain Carl and Gerhart Hauptmann, writer
- Hermann Hendrich, painter
- Wlastimil Hofman, painter
- John Henry Mackay, poet
- Werner Sombart, a sociologist
- Hermann Stehr, writer
- Bad Harzburg, Lower Saxony
- Harrachov, Giant Mountains, Czech Republic
- Kořenov, Jizera Mountains, Czech Republic