Waidhofen an der Thaya District
The district Waidhofen an der Thaya is located in the northern Waldviertel in Lower Austria at the border to the Czech Republic.
District captain since January 2011 Franz Kemetmüller. He followed Johann Lampeitl.
The district Waidhofen an der Thaya is divided into 15 municipalities, including three cities and ten market towns. The 15 communities have joined together to form small region Zukunftsraum Thayaland 2007.
The most important of the abbreviations used are:
- M = center of the municipality
- Stt = district
- R = Rotte
- W = hamlet
- D = village
- ZH = Scattered houses
- Sdlg = settlement
- E = bowery (only if they have their own town code)
The complete list that uses the Statistics Austria, can be found at Topographic settlement Labelling according to STAT
Please note that some places may have different spellings. So Katastralgemeinden write differently than the same localities.
Source: Statistics Austria - List for Lower Austria (PDF)
$ $ AllCoordinatesSectionEnd
The establishment of the district was 1868. With the establishment of the district of Gmünd the district Waidhofen gave his judicial districts Schrems and Litschau. With the annexation of Austria to the German Reich from 1933 to 1945 the district was renamed in 1939 in the district of Waidhofen an der Thaya and extended to the south Moravian district court Zlabings. 1945, the district was restored in the borders of 1938.