Diersbach is a municipality in Upper Austria in Schärding district in Innviertel with 1597 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013). The municipality is located in the judicial district Schärding.
- 2.1 Population development
Diersbach is located on 335 m above sea level in Innviertel. The expansion is 6.9 kilometers from north to south, from west to east 7.5 km. The total area is 28.1 km ². 13.2% of the area is forested, 78.3 % of the area is used for agriculture.
Districts of the municipality
Alfersham, Angsüß, Antersham, Bartberg, Bern Olden, Brunnern, Buchet, Diersbach, Dobl, Eden, Eden Meadows, Erledt, Etzelbach, Froschau, Großwaging, Gumping, hard carriage, Herrenberg, Hochegg, Igling, Inding, Kalling, Kindling, Kobledt, Mörstalling, Mayberg, Mitterndorf, Oberedt, Raad, Schmidsedt, Schwabenhub, Sonndorf, Unterholzen.
The area around the village seems to have been inhabited since ancient times by the Celts, it can be in any case finds from the Neolithic and the Bronze Age as well as many stream and river names of Celtic origin close; at the time around the area then fell to the Romans.
The village Angsüß was first mentioned in the year 788 as Aninsieza, now part of Diersbach that as Tirespach first recorded in 1125. In the Middle Ages there were in and around Diersbach some significant precious seats, namely in today's districts Kalling, ca 1100-1500, Eden meadows, ca 1200-1470/80 and Waldeck, ca 1100-1400. To the latter chateau entwines also a legend, according to which a guarded treasure of winning snakes below the castle cone - on this legend also takes the current coat of arms reference.
Since the establishment of the Duchy of Bavaria, the place was Bavarian until 1779 and came to the Peace of Teschen with the Innviertel (then Innbaiern ) to Austria. During the Napoleonic Wars shortly royal Bavarian, it belongs since 1814 finally returned to Austria above the Enns and has since divided his story. By the end of 2002, the village belonged to the district court Raab, after its dissolution, she was assigned to the judicial district of Schärding.
In 1991 the community had inhabitants according to the census, in 2001 then 1696 inhabitants.
Mayor Walter Steininger of the ÖVP.
Coat of arms
Blazon: With flames lowered arcuate split of red and gold; above a silver wave beams in a linkshin -down, blue with red handle sword; below a black, flipped to the left, winding and resist seeing, red crowned snake. The municipality colors are red - yellow
Culture and sights
- Church in Diersbach: The church became known for as " Leaning Tower of Innviertel " on regional notoriety. The tower stands on a sliding slope and could only be saved by a foundation remediation in the years 1988-91. The church was built in 1432 in the Gothic style with pointed tower. After a fire in 1716 the church got its present appearance with a huge onion dome in the reconstruction. The main altar and two side altars are in the Renaissance style. The high altar picture was designed in 1862 by Caspar Jelle from Innsbruck. We should also mention the donated by Dr. Karl Mayr and subsequently named after him organ in the workshop of Alfred leader, which was inaugurated in 1996 and is the fourth largest in the Innviertel.
In Diersbach there is an elementary school with about 80 children.
- Inntöne Jazz Festival: international acclaimed Jazz Festival takes place annually held at Whitsuntide.
- Inntöne Baroque - Paul Zauner's annual series of concerts of early music in the Diers Bacher church.