Eynesse is a commune with 582 inhabitants ( 1 January 2011) in the Gironde department in the region of Aquitaine. It belongs administratively to the district and to Libourne District of Sainte -Foy- la -Grande, and is a member of the Association of Municipalities Pays Foyen.
The community is located about 30 kilometers west of Bergerac on the border to the neighboring Dordogne in the wine region of Sainte- Foy- Bordeaux. Neighboring municipalities are:
- Saint -Antoine -de- Breuilh in the north ( Dep. Dordogne )
- Port-Sainte -Foy- et- Ponchapt in the northeast ( Dep. Dordogne )
- Saint -André- et- Appelles in the east,
- Saint- Quentin -de- Caplong in the south and
- Saint- Avit -de- Soulège in the West.
The place Eynesse lies on the left bank of the Dordogne River, which forms the border department here.
- Château du Barrail, castle dating from the 15th century - Monument historique