Flachau is a municipality with 2683 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the Salzburg region in the district of St. Johann ( Pongau) in Austria.
The place is located in the ski Ski amadé, one of the largest ski areas in Austria.
- 3.1 Municipal Council
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
The municipality is located in Ennspongau in the headwaters of the river Enns. Core area of the municipality is the wide glacial valley in the upper Enns, the Ennsquelltal, commonly called the Flachau. In addition to this Flachauertal, called the upper section also Pleißlingtal, comprises the municipality nor the lower Litzlingtal ( for Wagrainer height ) and the mountains of Mosermandl Group and Steinfeld peak group of the Radstadt Tauern up to the main ridge of the same on Mosermandl ( 2680 m above sea level. A. ), the highest point of the community, and to the little ones Pleißlingkeil ( 2417 m above sea level. A. ). Heard the southeast flank of the high green decks to Flachau, the Aigenberg the north.
The municipality comprises the following four localities ( in parentheses population as of 31 October 2011):
- Feuersang ( 884 )
- Flachau ( 735 )
- Höch (524 )
- Riding village (537 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Feuersang, Flachau, Höch and equestrian village.
As equestrian village and Höch still belonged to the Old Market, they were grouped together as village Aigenberg.
Flachau was to the 19th century a center of iron smelting in the Pongau ( ironworks Flachau ). Today only local and house names suggest, as the ruins of the cabin have been removed.
Since the 20th century, especially since the construction of the Tauern motorway ( A10) and the Tauern tunnel in 1975, the municipality is primarily tourist town.
The village belonged until 2004 to the judicial district of Radstadt and since 1 January 2005, part of the judicial district of St. Johann im Pongau.
- ÖVP: 12
- SPÖ: 4
- FPO: 3
The seats parameters is outdated and obsolete!
Allocation of seats for the council election 2014:
Mayor Thomas Reiter top of the ÖVP.
Coat of arms
The description of the municipality coat of arms is:
Economy and Tourism
The economy is now largely denied by catering (hotels, pubs, restaurants). Likewise, the tourism related is an important financial area.
The snow space Flachau ski, World Cup place with Hermann Maier World Cup course is located in the ski Ski amadé, one of the largest ski areas in Austria.
Culture and sights
- Parish Flachau 1722 built under Archbishop Franz Anton Graf von Harrach; with a remarkable altarpiece by Michael Rottmayr
- Schloss Höch: from the 11th century, a building in the Renaissance style
- When Thurnhof the residential tower in which allegedly Salome Alt said to have been caught in their flight to the deposition of Wolf Dietrich von Raitenau
Sons and daughters of the town:
- Kaspar Steger, Captain (1780-1858), leader of the Radstadt shooters in the defensive struggle against the Franco- Bavarian troops in 1809
- Karl Schnell (* 1954), politician ( FPÖ)
- Hermann Maier (born 1972 ), skier, world champion, Olympic champion
- Manuel Kramer ( * 1989), skier, junior world champion in the super -G