Haiming, Germany

Haiming is a municipality between Inn and Salzach River in the Upper Bavarian district of Altötting.

  • 3.1 municipal
  • 3.2 Coat of Arms
  • 4.1 monuments


Geographical location

Haiming in the low -be located approximately 100 km east of Munich, directly on the border with Austria and bordering on the government district of Lower Bavaria.

The so-called Innspitz is the lowermost point in Upper Bavaria. In Haiming in the low gladly joins the Salzach in the Inn.

Community structure

The municipality Haiming has 32 ​​officially named districts:

  • Au
  • Aumuehle
  • Mountain
  • Daxenthal
  • Dietweg
  • Ed
  • Eisching
  • Fahnbach
  • Hair Bach
  • Haid
  • Haiming
  • Hochreit
  • Holzhausen
  • Stroke
  • Kemerting
  • Leichhardt Point
  • Mosses
  • Pimp Brunn
  • Neuhausl
  • Neuhofen
  • Niedergottsau
  • Oberloh
  • Oberviehhausen
  • Piesing
  • Schwaig
  • Spannloh
  • Stockach
  • Thalweg
  • Under Viehhausen
  • Vordorf
  • Way
  • Winklham


The places Haiming ( as a home Inca ) and Niedergottsau (as Nidikeltesauuua ) 1200 years ago in documents about donations to the St. Stephen's Cathedral Passau and Salzburg Cathedral be the first documented under Duke Tassilo III. , Who reigned until 788.

Yet, recent excavations ( urnfields ) lead to the conclusion that in Haiming already settled from about 1200 BC people.

The historical development was influenced by the Hofmarken Piesing and Haiming. At Castle Haiming ruled inter alia, the nobles of Tobelham of Pelkofen and Pöring. The castle owners were equipped with upper and lower property on the base jurisdiction. 1667 Haiming came by marriage to the baron Adam Kaspar von Freiberg. After the death of Baron Karl von Freiberg, his widow Maria Theresia, born Baroness von Gemel, on February 1, 1786 for him in the parish church Haiming one weeks show. She married Baron von Berchem, bailiff of Burghausen, to which the rule, together with the Good Piesing fell.

Among the Berchem the Hofmarken were combined. The old water tower was demolished in 1837 to 1840. In the years 1838-1840 Built Count Sigmund von Berchem the location above the castle pond new Haimingerberger castle.

After the extinction of the Counts of Berchem in 1869 was Sigismund Felix Freiherr von Ow, the 14 -year-old son of Josephine, the oldest daughter of Sigismund counts of Berchem and the country judge and district office 's Felix Freiherr von Ow, owner of Piesing and Haiming. He became a priest and handed the inherited possessions to his brother Anton Freiherr von Ow. Sigismund Felix in 1906 Bishop of Passau. To date, the Ow reside both in Piesing and in Haiming.

The church today Haiming was formed by the voluntary association of municipalities and Piesing Haiming on 1 January 1969. On January 1, 1970 parts of the formerly independent municipality Schützing were incorporated to Haiming.

Haiming Haiming includes the parish with the parish of St. Stephen ( 1485 built ) and the Expositur Niedergottsau with the Pilgrimage Church of the Assumption ( 1443 built, 1760 significantly expanded and remodeled ).


Parish council

After the last local election on 2 March 2008 the council has 14 members. The turnout was 68.2 %. The choice was as follows:

Another member and chairman of the municipal council is the mayor.

Coat of arms

Blazon: In gold on a lowered blue wave Göpel a red gezungter black bear hull, holding a black halberd in the front paw.

The wave Göpel points out that in the municipal area flow together Inn and Salzach. The history of the municipal area has been heavily influenced by the two Hofmarken Haiming and Piesing. Representing the many noble families, which are detectable as proprietor Hofmarken, the family Pürchinger was included in the coat of arms which a bear with halberd into their coat of arms.

Culture and sights


→ List of monuments in Haiming (Upper Bavaria)