52.536711.203362Koordinaten: 52 ° 32 ' 12 " N, 11 ° 12' 12" E
Position of the settlement Jeggau in Gardelegen
Jeggau is a town and a district of the Hanseatic City Guard Insert in the Altmark Salzwedel in Saxony- Anhalt.
Jeggau located in the southern Altmark and in the nature reserve Drömling. Located near the village of Mittelland canal runs the next cargo port is located in Calvörde. To the west of the village lies the nature reserve Jeggauer Moor.
In 1560 Jeggau was affected by a flood. 1651 there was a fire in the village of the village church damaged. From 1688 to 1690 was as a replacement of the building of the present church. North of Jeggau lay the desolate has become in the 14th century villages of High - boiling - herd and flock.
In 1910, 405 residents lived in Jeggau.
From 1 January 2005 to 31 December 2010, the municipality Jeggau belonged to manage Community Southern Altmark and was one of 18 member municipalities.
On 1 January 2011 the then independent municipality was amalgamated with the living quarters Dudel and property together with 17 other municipalities in the Hansestadt Gardelegen. The community Jeggau had prior to the incorporation 229 inhabitants (as at 31 December 2009) and an area of 12.3 km ².
Coat of arms and flag
The coat of arms of the former municipality Jeggau was approved September 16, 2008 by the county.
Blazon: " In Gold larger a flight -ready blue phoenix with red beak and knocked-out tongue, ascending from red fire and surmounted by three six-pointed blue stars, the middle. "
The colors Jeggaus - derived from the main crest motif and the tincture of the shield - are blue and gold ( yellow).
The coat of arms was designed by the Magdeburg Kommunalheraldiker Jörg Mantzsch.
The flag is blue - yellow ( 1:1) striped ( cross- shape: strips horizontally extending, longitudinal shape: strip running vertically ) and centrally occupied with the municipal coat of arms.
- Village church Jeggau
Was born in Jeggau:
- Karl Rudolf Jacobi ( born September 8, 1828 † 1903), German politician and Secretary of State in the Reich Treasury of the German Empire.