Colonnowska (Polish Kolonowskie ) is an entity belonging to Opole town with 3,400 inhabitants in the southern part of Poland. It is also the seat of urban and rural community and is located in the powiat Strzelecki.
- 2.1 etymology of the city name
- 2.2 Former towns
- 2.3 Population development
- 3.1 Town twinning
- 4.1 localities
- 4.2 people 4.2.1 nationalities
- 5.1 External links
- 5.2 footnotes
Colonnowska located in Upper Silesia and near the border of the Silesian Voivodeship. The city is located about 30 km east of Opole and 65 kilometers northwest of Katowice at the Malapane.
- Fosowskie ( Vossowska ), since 1973 the district of Colonnowska.
The first evidence of the places big and small Stanisch date from the 14th century. After Stanisch had come into the possession of Count Colonna on large Strehlitz, originated in the forest on the Malapane blast furnaces for processing the stored there large quantities of bog iron. After 1773 the place Carmerau already had been established, was a working class neighborhood around 1780 by Philipp Graf Colonna built on the Malapane ironworks, which received the name Colonowska 1796. The Malapane served for the operation of iron hammers, their water was passed through a lock in an eight -kilometer channel hut of Zawadzki directly to the huts in Colonowska and Vossowska. The products were driven by Deschowitz and transported there on the Oder. The second blast furnace was built Colonna in 1805.
After Colonna's death Andreas Graf Renard inherited the dominion and cottage. Under him, the cottage has been further increased and there was 1836, the Renard road Opole, Colonowska and Peiskretscham that served the better removal of iron. Nevertheless Colonowska dropped from the middle of the 19th century as ironworks location behind Zawadzki.
1885 had Colonowska 341 inhabitants.
The landowner Prince Christian Ernst of Stolberg- Wernigerode was in 1907 built a large box factory, which included the Werksiedlung Palestine.
In 1921, the hut was shut down, and the foundry with 180 workers went bankrupt in 1926.
In the plebiscite in Upper Silesia on March 20, 1921 799 voters voted to remain in Germany and 491 for Poland .. Kolonnowska remained with the German Reich. 1933 lived 3249 inhabitants in the town. On 3 July 1936, the place was renamed as part of a renaming wave in Silesia during the Nazi era in Count Weiler. 1939, the place had 3291 inhabitants. By 1945, the place was in the district of Great Strehlitz. Kolonnowska was until 1945 a Protestant Diaspora.
In 1945 the previously German place under Polish administration and renamed Kolonowskie and joined the Silesian Voivodeship. Part of the population was displaced, but a part of the population escaped expulsion, making it the place is a large proportion of local residents today. In 1950, the city came to Opole Voivodeship. 1973, the neighboring Fosowskie ( Vossowska ) was incorporated and Kolonowskie, which was considered a town-like settlement date back to 1956, received municipal rights.
In 1999 the place to re-founded powiat Strzelecki. On 22 September 2006 Colonnowska German was introduced as a second official language in the community and on 14 November 2008 was the place in addition to the official German names Colonnowska. In January 2011 Colonnowska were set up the bilingual signs in the community.
The wood processing industry is still in Colonnowska resident who Kartonagenfabrik pack profile is the largest employer in the city. In recent years, the city advertises strengthened as a resort.
Etymology of the city name
Was named the place after Philipp Graf Colonna. The name consists of the name Colonna and as well as the names of the former neighboring towns Vossowska and Harraschowska from the female suffix - owska. The oldest form of the name was Colonowska, written simplified with an L in contrast to the namesake. End of the 19th century, the village name was transformed into Kolonnowska. This form existed until 1936 was renamed as the place in Count Weiler. The new name with the suffix - weiler took it well, as well as the old name with respect to Count Colonna.
After 1945, the city was awarded the Polish name Kolonowskie with the neutral Polish suffix owskie.
While the final form of the German name was written before 1936 K, the city received in November 2008, the German name Colonnowska with C whereby this form most closely corresponds to the name of its namesake Colonna.
In the area of today's Colonnowska then located the places Benda joke (from September 4, 1936 Malapanestraße ) Brzinitzka (from September 4, 1936 Field Street ) were, Harraschowska (from September 4, 1936 Field Street ), Kowolowska (later forging ), Renard hut Rogolowa / Rogolowietz, Schroll and Vossowska ( from 1936 Voss forest ).
By partnering with Wolf ditch Colonnowska was interested in climate protection. Officially, it was recorded by the group in 2010 in the Lower Austrian Climate Alliance communities, other place in Upper Silesia indicate the interest in the meantime.
Urban and rural community
In addition to the city Colonnowska the municipality includes the following villages:
- Carmerau / Spórok
- Small Stanisch / Staniszcze Małe ( 1936-45: Small Zeidel )
- Great Stanisch / Staniszcze Wielkie ( 1936-45: United Zeidel )
In the community Colonnowska lived in 2002, according to the census carried out in the same year 6582 inhabitants. Of which gave 3370 inhabitants ( 51.2 %) of the Polish nationality. 3203 persons ( 48.7 %) reported a different nationality. Below: 2836 inhabitants ( 43.1 %) with German nationality and 358 (5.4% ) with the unrecognized " Silesian " nationality. 0.1 % of the population (9 people) gave in the survey at no nationality.