Nanping (Chinese南平 市, pinyin Nanping shì ) is the northwestern prefecture-level city of Fujian province.
It borders on the neighboring provinces of Jiangxi and Zhejiang. We are especially famous the Wuyi Mountains, which are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Nanping has - like the rest of the Fujian Province - a humid subtropical climate with short, mild winters and long, hot, humid summers.
The average temperature ranges from 9.7 ° C in January to 28.7 ° C in July. The average annual temperature is 19.50 ° C.
The monthly rainfall is from March to June, more than 200 mm and can be until the winter after gradually.
The city has 1,721 hours of sunshine annually, with summer being the sunniest time of the year. The winter, however, are humid and overcast.
- Gross Domestic Product Total: 25.5 billion yuan
- Gross domestic product per capita: 8,368 yuan
- Exports: 143 million U.S. dollars
- Imports: 65 million U.S. dollars
In 2002, 182 345 tourists visited the city of Nanping. Main attractions of the city are the Wuyi Mountains and the Mangdang Mountain.
Numbers: Fujian Statistical Yearbook 2003 ( 2002 figures)
The Wuyi Mountains, on the border of Zhejiang, which has become a favorite destination of Chinese domestic tourism, is one of the ten nature reserves in China, which has added to their conservation program, the UNESCO.
At county level, Nanping is composed of a municipality, five counties and four independent cities together. These are:
- Municipality Yanping (延平区), 2660 km ², 490,000 inhabitants, the city center, seat of the city government;
- Circle Shunchang (顺昌 县), 1992 km ², 240,000 inhabitants, capital: Street district Shuangxi (双溪 街道);
- Pucheng county (浦城 县), 3374 km ², 410,000 inhabitants, capital: Street district Nanpu (南浦 街道);
- Circle Guangze (光泽县), 2232 km ², 160,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Hangchuan (杭 川镇);
- Circle Songxi (松溪 县), 1040 km ², 160,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Songyuan (松 源 镇);
- Zhenghe county (政和 县), 1735 km ², 220,000 inhabitants, capital: Street district Xiongshan (熊 山 街道);
- Shaowu City (邵武 市), 2851 km ², 300,000 inhabitants;
- City Wuyishan (武夷山 市), 2802 km ², 220,000 inhabitants;
- Jian'ou City (建瓯市), 4214 km ², 520,000 inhabitants;
- Jianyang City (建阳市), 3378 km ², 340,000 inhabitants.