Longyan (Chinese龙岩 市, pinyin Longyan Shì, Drachenfelsen City ') is a prefecture-level city of Fujian province.
She was the namesake for the longan fruit. Longyan is located inland and is mainly known by the Hakka fortress houses in Yongding county on the border with the province of Guangdong.
Famous People from Longyan
- Aw Boon Haw (胡文虎) from Yongding, inventor of Tiger Balm
- Aw Boon Par (胡 文 豹) Brother of Aw Boon Haw
- Chen Hong (陈宏) ( b. 1979 ), Number 1 badminton world rankings from 2002 to 2003
- He Wenna (何雯娜) (* 1989), trampoline Olympic champion in 2008
- Lin Dan (林丹) (* 1983), Number 1 badminton world rankings from 2004 to 2008
- Shi Zhiyong (石智勇) ( born 1980 ), Olympic gold medalist in weightlifting in 2004
- Yang Chengwu (杨成武) (1914 - 2004), strategist of the People's Liberation Army
- Zeng Jinyan (曾 金燕) ( b. 1983 ), a human rights activist
- Zhang Xiang Xiang (张湘祥) ( b. 1983 ), Olympic gold medalist in weightlifting in 2008
- Deng Zihui (邓子恢) (1896 - 1972), former Deputy Prime Minister
At county level, Longyan is composed of a municipality, a county outside the city and five counties. These are: