Pianu (deprecated Pianul Românesc or Pianul din Sus; German Wallachisch - Pien, Hungarian Felsőpián or Oláhpián ) is a town in Alba county in Transylvania, Romania. Parish seat is Pianu de Sus ( Wallachischpien ).
The municipality is situated on the river of the same Pianu Pianu - a left tributary of the Mureş ( Maros ) - in the Transylvanian Under Forest, north of Muhlbacher Mountains ( Munţii Sureanu ). ( Judetean Drum ) On the county road DJ 104A is the town about 14 kilometers southwest of Sebes ( Mühlbach ); the county capital Alba Iulia ( Charles Castle ) is located approximately 29 kilometers north-east.
In the field of community archaeological finds prove settlements of the early Neolithic to the Early Bronze Age. Discoveries in the field of community to be associated with the Roman period. In the river Pianu was washed since the Middle Ages gold. Beginning of the 19th century, up to 600 gold panners operate.
The place Pianu de Sus was first in 1454 under the name Blechis groups ( 1733 Olah Pian ) mentioned.
The population of the whole municipality is as follows:
The highest population ( 4,312 ) of the present-day municipality and also that of the Romanians ( 3,863 ) in 1930 determined that the Germans ( in eingemeindeten village Pianu de Jos, 453 ) in 1941, of Hungary in 2002 and the Roma in 1850.
- The wooden church Cuvioasa Paraschiva, in lieu of a mined from 1761 built in 1780, in the municipal seat Pianu de Sus is a listed building.
- The Romanian Orthodox churches Nasterea Sf. Ioan Botezătorul ( built in the 19th century) and Buna Vestire (1818 built ).
- The evangelical church in eingemeindeten place Pianu de Jos ( Deutschpien ), a Romanesque basilica, built in the 13th century, rebuilt in 1798, is a listed building.