Ramsen is a municipality in the canton of Schaffhausen in Switzerland.
- 6.1 Voluntary Sector
Ramsen has an area of 1345 ha and is in addition to the village from the hamlets Bibermuhle, Mayrhofen Acker, Moscow, Wiesholz and Wilen.
In addition to the hamlet of Moscow there is also the field names Petersburg. This name caused by the fact that the Russian army in 1799 parts camped in the area.
Through the town flows the river beaver, which opens below of Stein am Rhein in the High Rhine.
Ramsen had on 31 December 2011 1 345 inhabitants, of whom 848 voters, 195 students and 242 foreigners.
The council consists of five members since 2012. The municipality is President Eveline King Moser ( CVP).
Ramsens economy is dominated by the direct boundary layer, which explains the above average number of transport companies and gas stations. The main employers are the customs and the software company STAR AG.
The shortest route from Ramsenthal to Schaffhausen on the High Rhine via Gailingen and Büsingen, crossing four times the limit.
By public transport Ramsen is accessed by a bus line from Stein am Rhein on Ramsen by singing and by the line 25 of Schaffhausen bus every hour to Schaffhausen on book - Randegg - Doerflingen.
The municipality received on July 17, 1875 a railway station as the Swiss National Railway (SNB ), the railway Etzwilen singing opened. After the bankruptcy of the SNB, the distance of the Swiss Northeastern Railway (NOB ) was taken and finally came up with the nationalization of the property of the Swiss Federal Railways ( SBB). This established on 31 May 1969 to the route the passenger one. The route was used until 2004 as a freight line and was at the end of the last non- electrified line of the SBB. Due to the decision to handle the total freight traffic between Winterthur and Schaffhausen singing about, but the line was definitely relegated to an industrial track. The line was not degraded after closure, but taken over by the Association for the Preservation of the railway line Etzwilen singing, which they used for track cars and steam trains since 2007.
Ramsen was first mentioned in 846. The village belonged in the Middle Ages to the Habsburg Landgraviate Nellenburg. The lower courts went in 1539 by the Lords of Klingenberg to the town of Stein am Rhein, which was under the sovereignty of Zurich. Zurich ultimately acquired in 1770 and the blood jurisdiction over Ramsen. 1798 Ramsen came in the wake of the Helvetic Republic, together with stone for the Canton of Schaffhausen. Ramsen as a border town was an important point of entry for refugees who were housed in the Catholic Church and in the Schüppelwald in World War II.
Ramsen has an active club life that expresses itself throughout the year in many occasions and festivities. One of the most outstanding events, the annual performances include the "Theater 88 ", as well as the " Turner Chränzli " ( gymnastic festival ). The largest club is the football club, whose first team plays in the fourth league. The Catholic dominated past, in Ramsen, as one of the few places in the canton of Schaffhausen, a carnival tradition, including street parade, masquerade and Schnitzel Bank ( Bänkelsang ) spawned.
Coat of arms
1810 will be the first time a municipal coat of arms Ramsen on a seal. It shows three growing from a floor spikes. In the cleanup in 1949 was an attempt to create a historical context by the lay of the coat of arms symbol Landgraviate Nellenburg in Ramsen, joined. However, the Municipal Assembly rejected this proposal.
The village Ramsen has two parish churches, the Catholic parish church of St. Peter and Paul Parish Church and the Reformed Ramsen.
- Elise Höfler (1912-1991), Swiss- German Righteous Among the Nations
- Joseph Gnädinger (1919-2001), painter
- Leonhard Neidhart ( born 1934 ), political scientist
- Mathias Gnädinger (* 1941), actor
- Angelo Gnädinger (* 1951), Director-General of the Red Cross
- Joseph Jung ( born 1955 ), historian
The Beavers at Ramsen on 3 May 2008
House bill hooks