Sokcho is a city in Gangwon Province, South Korea. Located on the east coast on the Sea of Japan, it is known primarily as a starting point for a trip to the nearby Seorak National Park.
Sokcho is located north of the 38th parallel and was before the Korean War with North Korea.
The Seoraksan Mountains in Sokcho.
- Cheongho -dong ( 청호동 )
- Geumho -dong ( 금호동 )
- Gyo -dong ( 교동 )
- Daepo -dong ( 대포동 )
- Dongmyeong -dong ( 동명동 )
- Joyang -dong ( 조양동 )
- Nohak -dong ( 노학동 )
- Yeongnang -dong ( 영랑동 )
- Taitung, Republic of China ( Taiwan) ( 15 April 1992 ) ( has been suspended since the end of 1992 due to " diplomatic upsets " )
- Rajon Khasan, Primorye, Russia (19 July 1996)
- City of Gresham, Oregon, USA (23 June 1993)
- Yonago, Tottori Prefecture, Japan (18 October 1995)
- Sakaiminato, Tottori Prefecture, Japan (February 28, 2000)
- Nyuzen, Toyama Prefecture, Japan (3 October 1996)
- Hunchun, Jilin Province, People's Republic of China (22 August 1994)