Vodochody is located on the right side of the Vltava River in the Czech board in the valley of the creek Máslovický. North of the village lies the airfield and the site of the military aircraft manufacturer Aero Vodochody.
Neighboring towns are Postřižín and Odolena Voda in the north, and Dolínek Panenské Břežany in the northeast, and Hoštice Klíčany in the east, and Drasty Klecany the southeast, Větrušice in the south, Libčice nad Vltavou in the southwest, Máslovice in the west and Zlončice in the northwest.
Archaeological finds indicate a settlement of the area after the Neolithic. The first written evidence of the village can be found in a charter of Duke Boleslav II from the year 1000, in which he gave the village to the monastery Insulation. During the Thirty Years' War, the village was devastated. It extinguished the festivals and the manor. In 1671 the Jesuit College of St. was. Kliment in Prague's Old Town owner of the village.
After the abolition of patrimonial Vodochody formed in 1850 a municipality in the district of Karlin. In 1919, the founding of the company AERO Vodochody for military aircraft requirements of the newly formed Czechoslovakia. As of 1928, the village belonged to the district Praha- venkov. By 1946, the community came to Okres Praha -sever and since 1961 it belongs to the Okres Praha- východ. 1961 also saw the incorporation of Hoštice.
The municipality consists of the villages Vodochody Hoštice ( Hoschtitz ) and Vodochody ( Wodochod ).