1949â€“50 NBA season
The NBA season 1949/50 was the first season of the NBA after the BAA merged with the NBL to NBA. Although it is officially not the first NBA season, but is the first under the name of the NBA. At the end of the season, the Minneapolis Lakers defeated the Syracuse Nationals 4-2 in games and were champion.
- The Indianapolis Jets and Providence Steam Rollers finished playing mode after the season 1948-1949.
- Six teams from the NBL ( Anderson, Denver, Sheboygan, Syracuse, Tri-Cities and Waterloo ) now also played in the league and the envisaged as an expansion team of the NBL team, the Indianapolis Olympians, was also included in the league.
- The league was divided into three divisions.
W = Wins, L = Losses, PCT = percentage share of victory, P = behind Division leaders
Leading the Player Statistics
- All- NBA Team: F - Bob Davies, Rochester Royals
- F - Jim Pollard, Minneapolis Lakers
- C - Alex Groza, Indianapolis Olympians
- C - George Mikan Minneapolis Lakers
- G - Max Zaslofsky, Chicago Stags
- All- NBA Second Team: F - Al Cervi, Syracuse Nationals
- F - Fred Schaus, Fort Wayne Pistons
- C - Dolph Schayes, Syracuse Nationals
- G - Ralph Beard, Indianapolis Olympians
- G - Brian Frank, Anderson Packers