ADAC Formel Masters
The ADAC Formula Masters is a discharged since 2008 formula racing series, from 15 years to serve as a basis for an automotive career in sport talents. It is meant as a link between karting and higher-powered formula car. The racing series since 2009 is part of the ADAC Masters Weekend and was in competition for Formula BMW.
The single-seater described in the tender as Formula ADAC powered by Volkswagen based on a Dallara -designed carbon -fiber monocoque with front and rear wings, of which only the latter may be modified. In designing the series, special attention was paid to the safety of the racers. Thus, the HANS system is mandatory. The vehicle meets the crash and safety standards of the FIA, which apply to the Formula 3 since 2008.
The ADAC advertises a price of 49.900, - Euro plus VAT. for a race-ready single-seater including the engine.
The drive unit is a developed at Volkswagen 1.6 -liter FSI engine, which corresponds to the displacement on the same design as that used in the 2008 ADAC Volkswagen Polo Cup:
- Displacement: 1,598 cc
- Bore: 76.5 mm
- Stroke: 86.9 mm
- Construction: In-line four -cylinder naturally aspirated gasoline engine, four valves per cylinder, operated by two overhead camshafts, engine block and cylinder head made of aluminum alloy, direct petrol injection
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Installation position: mid-engine, load-bearing longitudinally in front of the rear axle,
- Compression ratio: 12:1
- Power: about 107 kW ( 145 hp) at 6,000 rpm -1
- Torque: 165 Nm at 4,000 rpm -1
- Emission control: Three-way race catalytic converter with lambda probe
The motors are sealed within the meaning of equal opportunities and cost reduction.
- Tire Manufacturer: Dunlop
- Front 190/535-R13
- Back 205/570-R13
- Manufacturer: Motec (AVO industry)
- Front 9x13
- Back 9x13
The rims match the size of the formula 3 and have central locking. The weight of a rim is 3.8 / 4.2 kg v / h
The tires are limited for each event.
- Manufacturer: Dallara
- Construction: Carbon / Kevlar monocoque sandwich construction
- V. Suspension / h: Independent suspension with double wishbones
- Brakes: ventilated disc brakes
- Shocks / springs: Sachs / Eibach
- Data recording: AIM, model evo3
- Dimensions ( LxWxH in mm): 4.239/1.795/977
- Weight not less than 570 kg including driver with his equipment (helmet, overalls, etc.) without fuel
The lap times are a bit faster than the Formula BMW ( two to three seconds, depending on the route).
2008 found eight events, including one held at the TT Circuit Assen in the Netherlands, the remaining runs exclusively within Germany Oschersleben (2x), Nurburgring (2x), Euro Speedway Lausitz, Saxony Ring and Hockenheim, long course. Eligible participants were from all countries; The winner was the Portuguese Armando Parente with 171 points.
In 2009 race in Oschersleben ( 2x), Assen, Nurburgring place (2x), Hockenheimring, Euro Speedway Lausitz Ring and Sachsenring. Even before the last race was Daniel Abt as the overall winner.