The Formula 3 is a motorsport racing class that directly from the factory -heavy formulas (brand formulas ) Formula König, Formula Renault, Formula Ford, Formula BMW is so settled and Europe because of their various parameters as a precursor for the higher classes (formerly F3000 today GP2 Series and formula 1) is considered.
After the Second World War single-seater racing cars were built with 500 - cc motorcycle engines mainly in England. The most famous brand was Cooper, first with J.- A. - P engines and later with Norton Manx engines. Motor and motorcycle gear were installed behind the driver in front of the rear axle. The transmission took place via a chain on the gear and from there via a second chain to the rear axle, the differential gear was considered optional. The suspension was independent with lower wishbones and a transverse leaf spring per above. Later cars were extremely light, dry approximately 240 kg, they had a spaceframe and magnesium wheels. Main competitors were Kieft and Martin. Both manufacturers today no longer work in this area. German Formula 3 cars in the postwar years were Scampolo and Monopoletta with engines of DKW, BMW and Fiat. 1971 no longer to be thought off air restrictor has been introduced.
Formula 3 Cup
The Formula 3 will be held in Germany since 1975 as a German Cup and Formula 3 Cup and also respectfully called the "School of the Grand Prix Stars". Many current Formula 1 and DTM driver were active and doing more or less successful in Formula 3. Formula 3 is the highest national single-seater race series in many countries. There are automobiles with four wheels and near- engines from Opel, VW, Fiat, Toyota, BMW, Alfa Romeo and Mercedes- Benz, which were prepared for speed races on circuits or closed routes used. Since the 2007 season, the alloy wheels manufacturer ATS official main sponsor of Formula 3 Cup is operating under " ATS Formula 3 Cup ."
Since 2003, the Euro Series race heats in several European countries. Something in the shadows are the nationally oriented events where the technical complexity need not be quite so driven high.
Nearly every country with a significant activity in motorsport also performs Formula 3 race. By the uniform international rules, one would think, an Italian F3 would be very similar to an English or German. But this is not so, because in any country other tires are mandatory. The technique of F3 is so exhausted that a different suspension tuning is needed by another tire. This goes on until the gearing and motor control. The so externally to the same tire mileage thus differ significantly in driving behavior.
Basic technical data
- Overall width: 185 cm
- Wide in front of the front wheels: 130 cm
- Width between the front and rear wheels: 130 cm
- Width of the rear wing: 90 cm
- Height without roll bar: 90 cm
- Minimum Wheelbase: 200 cm
- Minimum track width: 120 cm
- Minimum weight: 550 kg including driver
- Capacity: max. 2000 cm ³
- Cylinder: max. 4, no charge
- Air restrictor ( air restrictors ) 26 mm diameter
More Formula 3 Championship
- European Formula 3 Championship ( 1975-1984, 2012)
- European Formula 3 Cup ( 1985-1990, 1999-2002)
- FIA Formula 3 Trophy ( from 2011)
- French Formula 3 Championship
- British Formula 3 Championship
- Italian Formula 3 Championship
- Japanese Formula 3 Championship
- European F3 Open ( to 2008 Spanish Formula 3 Championship )
- South American Formula 3 Championship
- Mexican Formula 3 Championship
- Chilean Formula 3 Championship
- Australian Formula 3 Championship
- Nordic F3 Masters
- Austria Formula 3 Cup