The Region of Altay (Chinese阿勒泰 地区, Pinyin Aletai Diqu ), capital Altay (Chinese阿勒泰 市, pinyin Aletai shi), part of the Kazakh Autonomous County in the Ili Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region of the PRC. Altay has an area of 118,015 km ². At county level, the District of overseeing a city and six circles:
- The city of Altay (阿勒泰 市Aletai Shì )
- The circle Qinggil (青 河 县Qinghe Xiàn ), capital: greater community Qinggil (青 河镇)
- The circle Jeminay (吉木乃 县Jímùnǎi Xiàn ), capital: greater community Topterek (托普 铁 热 克 镇),
- The circle Koktokay (富蕴 县Fuyun Xiàn ), capital: large village Ku Ertix (库 额 尔齐斯 镇),
- The circle Burqin (布尔津 县Bù'ěrjīn Xiàn ), capital: large village Burqin (布尔津 镇),
- The circle Burultokay (福海 县Fúhǎi Xiàn ), capital: greater community Fuhai (福海 镇),
- The circle Kaba (哈巴河 县Habahe Xiàn ), capital: greater community Akqi (阿克 齐 镇).
At the census in 2000 had 561 667 inhabitants Altay, the city has 142,000 inhabitants ( population density. 4.76 inhab / km ²).
Ethnic structure of the population of the district of Altay (2000)
See also: Autonomous administrative units of China
Administrative districts: Altay - Tacheng ( Tarbagatay )
47.83333333333388.133333333333Koordinaten: 47 ° 50 'N, 88 ° 8' O
- Location in Xinjiang
- Government district or collar (China)