Bonn village in the Black Forest is a town in the district of Waldshut in Baden- Württemberg. It is known for its castle with the jerks parlor and the Japanese Garden. It is home to the second oldest savings bank in Germany, which was founded in 1765 by Prince Abbot Martin Gerbert II. Bonn village is titled Lion City.

  • 2.1 Amalgamations
  • 2.2 religions
  • 2.3 Population structure and population development
  • 3.1 municipal
  • 3.2 Mayors since 1945
  • 3.3 Coat of Arms
  • 3.4 Town twinning
  • 4.1 Museums
  • 4.2 Structures
  • 4.3 parks
  • 4.4 Regular events
  • 5.1 traffic
  • 5.2 Established businesses
  • 5.3 Formation
  • 6.1 freeman
  • 6.2 Sons and daughters of the town
  • 6.3 Persons who are in connection with the city


Geographical Location

Bonn village located in southwest Germany in 600 m to 1050 m in the north-east of the district of Waldshut. The city is located south of the Wutach to which they have the Wutachschlucht in the district Boll has access, about 18 kilometers from the Swiss border ( Stühlingen / Schleitheim ) away. The Schluchseewerk located about 15 kilometers west of Bonn village.

The Bonn 's local mountain is the Linde Buck ( 898 m).

Neighboring communities

The community Bonn village is bordered to the west on the community Schluchseewerk, in the north- west on the community Lenzkirch and to the north by the municipality Loeffingen (all district Breisgau in the Black Forest). In the east it borders the municipality Wutach, on the southeast by Stühlingen and on the south by Grafenhausen (all Waldshut district ).


For the city of Bonn village in the Black Forest with up to the 1970s independent municipalities Boll, Brunnadern, dill village, Paving, Gündelwangen, felling, Wellendingen and Wittlekofen include the city of Bonn village in the Black Forest, and 24 other villages, hamlets, farms and houses. To the former belong the village community Boll Boll, the homestead Badhof ( Bad Boll) and the houses Tiefental. For the city of Bonn village in the Black Forest in the limits of the municipality before the reform of the 1970s include the city of Bonn village in the Black Forest, the hamlet Sommerau, the homestead and house Öttiswald and the houses Männle forest, Steinabad, Steinasäge and Walke. Among the former municipalities Brunnadern and Flattens each include only the villages of the same name. For the former municipality of Dill Dill village village the village and the house Dilldorfer include saw. For the former municipality Gündelwangen include the village Gündelwangen and the houses Hebsack. For the former municipality felling include the village of felling, the hamlet of Glashütte and the homestead Klausenhof. For the former municipality Wellendingen the village Wellendingen and the house include wave saw things in Steinatal. For the former municipality Wittlekofen include the village Wittlekofen, the hamlet Dobel, the homestead Welschberg and the house Roggenbach. In the city the disposed castles Boll New Tannegg and castle Tannegg also Alt- Tannegg and the deserted village of Upper slopes are ( former municipality Boll); the leavened in Bonn village in the Black Forest village of Waldeck and the deserted village Gündlingen ( in the territory of the former City of Bonn village in the Black Forest); the deserted villages in Hornberg, coal stockpiles, Rohrhof and Saubach ( former municipality Paving ); the deserted villages and hamlets Gündlingen ( former municipality Wellendingen ); the ruins Roggenbach, Steinegg and the waste places Schweighof and Simon Reute in the territory of the former municipality Wittlekofen.


The area around Bonn village was inhabited in the Stone Age, followed by discoveries in the district of Bonn village point.

After the settlement by Celts and Germans, the area was taken by 260 of the Alemanni in possession. 1877 in Bettmaringen, which now belongs to the city Stühlingen, a fibula found from this period, besides plate Alemannic graves were discovered with grave goods.

496 came the Alemanni in the dependence of Frankish kings, after their tribal areas was divided into districts. Bonn village belonged to Albgau whose Gaugrafen ruled by Gurtweil from.

The first written mention is found 1223rd It is now in the State Archives in Basel. The Gaugrafen were associated with the Lords of Bonn Village by the feudal system. After 1290 Bonn village went on through marriage or sale in the hands of various foreign masters. With the extinction of the race of those Lupfen 1582 was a Erbstreitigkeit over the area, which was finally settled by Emperor Rudolf II.

1609 already Bonn village was bought by St. Blaise monastery. Through this acquisition of direct imperial rule Bonn village became the abbot of the monastery of secular rulers and got a seat and vote in the Swabian district council ( 1638).

1699 dominions Bonn village, Gutenburg were ( in 1480 by St. Blaise bought ), Bettmaringen ( 1418 to St. Blaise away ) combined and Blumegg ( 1433 bought by St. Blaise ) to the county Bonn village.

1746 the Abbot of St. Blaise was raised to the imperial princes. The county Bonn village became the principality.

1803, the property of the monastery of St. Blaise was secularized. 1806 Bonn village finally came - after a short reign of the Order of Malta ( 1803-1805 ) and the Kingdom of Württemberg ( 1805-1806 ) - to the Grand Duchy of Baden.

1815 Bonn village was Badisches district office; needed for this purpose offices like the District Court, the notary or the Forestry Department were added in the following years and took mostly based in the Bonndorfer castle.

Only in 1924 the district office Bonn village was disbanded and assigned to the district of the Black Forest. This county was dissolved again in the course of municipal reform (1967-1975); Bonn village fell to the district of Waldshut. At the same time the present districts came to Bonn village.

The city's name comes - according to legend - from the beans, with which the citizens of the town are said to have expressed their opinion in polls. Other sources establish the name of the city to the Celtic buona which either the word baunos ( built, inhabited ) or boum of the words, Bom Bon ( from the Celtic bona - tree ) is derived. According to the second interpretation Bonn village is therefore the village in the trees.

The town charter was granted in 1891 Bonn village, 1935, was withdrawn. 1951 Bonn village was returned to the municipal law of Baden President Leo Wohleb. The name component in the Black Forest leads the city since February 19, 1963.


In the course of municipal reform in Baden -Württemberg, following previously independent municipalities were amalgamated to Bonn village in the Black Forest:

Dill village belonged prior to the incorporation already for the district of Waldshut, all other municipalities, including Bonn village in the Black Forest belonged to the district of Neustadt.


Bonn village is Catholic since time immemorial. Only since the 19th century, there are Protestants, 1875 Jews were recorded. Today Bonn village next to two large Christian communities, a Muslim community with a private prayer room. In addition, the New Apostolic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses are represented in Bonn village.

1402 City of Rudolf of well- Wade and his wife donated the Pauline monastery Bonn village. The Paulinerpatres took over the pastoral care of the town citizens. Comprised of 10 to 12 priests and the diocese of Constance belonging monastery lay in what is now Martin Garden in Bonn village. The Bishop of Constance freed the monastery from all burdens and services. This decision was upheld by elected at the Council of Constance Pope Martin V in 1417. After purchasing the rule Bonn Village by the St. Blasier monastery took over the St. Blasier abbot and the rule of the Bonndorfer monastery. In 1731 the monastery was rebuilt and expanded. Early 19th century was also exposed to increasing hostility towards the monastery traditionally poor monastery. Finally, the monastery was dissolved during the secularisation in 1807. Today the Paulinerstraße that leads from the former monastery to the castle, which was built in 1975-1977 and Paulinerheim remember ( parish center ) above the Catholic church to the Pauline monastery. Close links existed on the Pauline monastery and the monastery Tannheim Grünwald.

The Protestant church was founded in 1873 and was the largest Protestant diaspora community in Germany. It held its first meetings starting in 1727 built chapel in the city garden. 1934, the church was elevated to a parish, the present St. Paul's Church built in 1953 with community hall and rectory.

Population structure and population development

1855 had 1,212 inhabitants Bonn village. This number increased steadily over the years to (1,600 in 1900, 2,100 in 1950, 3,400 in 1970, 5,364 in 1980 ).

Total population ( as of 30 June 2006): 6,876


Parish council

The municipal elections on 7 June 2009 resulted in a turnout of 50.7 % ( - 1.4 ) the following result:

Mayor since 1945

Coat of arms

The blazon of the arms is: " Azure, an upright silver lion. "

The original Lords of Bonn village used as a shield, a star on a triple mount.

The silver lion on a blue background, representing the municipal coat of arms today, first appeared in 1304. Between 1434 and 1891, however, was a broad bean with pods used as a seal. Only to the town charter in 1891 was remembered back to the old coat of arms. It was assumed that the lion came from the Lords of Krenkingen, but a lion has never been out of the Krenkingern in reality. Probably the emblem goes back to the Hapsburg lions.


Since 1975, a partnership with the French community Bains- les- Bains, which is located in the south of the Vosges.

Culture and sights


  • The present in Bonndorfer Castle jerks parlor host a major exhibition of fools figures and other exhibits from the fools time.
  • Furthermore, the Cultural Palace Bonn village where throughout the year for important events ( Classical Modern and Contemporary Art), Concerts exists ( Cuarteto Casals, Mandel Quartet, Leipzig String Quartet, Bernd Glemser, Pieter Wispelwey and many others) and lectures (Peter Bichsel, Wilhelm Genazino, Durs Grünbein, Adolf Muschg, Urs Widmer and many others) take place.
  • In the district of Boll there is a museum mill from 1610 that can be visited once a week and the German mill day.
  • In the district of Glashütte is situated since the end of 2011, the Museum of Natural History Professor Kalchreuter, which passed out of the Museum of the 1989-2005 hunting by scientists and wildlife biologists Heribert Kalchreuter ( 1939-2010 ) European Wildlife Research Institute (EMI) emerged. There preparations of the killed him Wilde from around the world to see.


The Bonn village castle was built in 1592/1594 as a moated castle and the Baroque style from 1723 to 1726 by the Prince-Abbot of the monastery of St. Blaise. The building was restored in the 1970s and now houses the fools offices, notaries, Cultural Palace Bonn village - district museum, public library and a concert hall.

The castle is opposite the Old Savings Bank. The 19th- century house was home until moving to the financial institution to a new building next to City Hall, the savings bank.

Today's Catholic Church is a successor of the monastery church of the Paulist monastery. On the night of 29 to 30 June 1842 burned down and was rebuilt in 1850 by Josef Berckmüller elsewhere on behalf of the Grand Duchy of Baden in the late Romanesque and early Gothic style. In 1906, the completed interior of Franz Simmler was renovated from 1972 to 1974. The church is located above the town in the north of Bonn village.

The chapel was in 1727 by Abbot Blaise III. built in the vicinity of the castle and consecrated by the Bishop of Constance. As patrons of the holy Blaise of Sebaste, and Saint Nicholas apply. The chapel was dismantled in the early 19th century and rebuilt at its present location near the elementary school. From 1873 she served until the construction of St. Paul's the Bonndorfer Protestants as a space for their worship.


During the renovation of the castle the castle garden was created, which today goes to the Japanese Garden.

Regular events

Bonn village is a stronghold of the Swabian - Alemannic carnival. The Bonndorfer Pflumeschlucker are a known Narrenzunft.

Economy and infrastructure


Bonn village is situated on the main road 315 Between 1907 and 1976, had Bonn village with the railway line Kappel Gutachbrücke -Bonn village also has a railway connection that branched off at Kappel- Gutachbrücke station of the Höllentalbahn. The former station still stands today.

Established businesses

The Hans Adler OHG, one of the main producers of Black Forest Ham is located in Bonn village. The same applies to the drive technology manufacturer Dunker Motors, the largest employers in the city. The Hectronic with around 140 employees in Bonn village offers products in the areas Parking ( parking meters ) and fuel ( such as gas station controllers, level and limit probes ) that the POS system manufacturer EDV-SOS in the Austrian Horsching is a subsidiary.


Bonn village is the site of a primary school and an elementary and secondary school. The catchment area includes the municipalities of Bonn village and Wutach and parts of the municipalities Grafenhausen and Uhlingen birch village. Trying some of the lower level of Gymnasium College of St. Blaise to get to Bonn village, failed around the year 2000. Moreover, there is a special school in Bonn village.



The honorary citizenship of the city of Bonn village received so far Theo Hany (1924-2012), the founder of the castle jerks parlors, as well as the former Catholic parish priest Eugen Fleig.

Sons and daughters of the town

  • Constantin Fehrenbach (1852-1926), German Chancellor from 1920 to 1921, was in Wellendingen, a district of Bonn village born today.
  • Adolf Würth (1905 -? ), Nazi racial theorists, who was involved in the genocide of the Sinti and Roma, was born in Bonn village
  • Clemens Binningerstrasse (* 1962), German politician and Member of the Bundestag (CDU ), was born in Bonn village and grew up in neighboring Wutach Ewattingen.
  • Astrid Damerow (born 1958 ), member of parliament (CDU )
  • Bernadette Horder (born 1972 ), artist
  • Lothar Böhler (born 1970 ), founding member of the field Berger, was born in Bonn village and grew up logging in the district

Those associated with the city

  • Friedrich Faller (1856-1905), innkeeper, fire chief and member of the German Reichstag
  • Ralf Dahrendorf, Baron Dahrendorf, KBE (1929-2009), sometimes under the pseudonym Wieland Europe, German - British sociologist, politician and journalist, lived in London, Cologne and Bonn village (OT felling )
  • Heribert Kalchreuter (1939-2010), hunting scientist and wildlife biologist, lived in the village of Glashütte, where he founded in 1977 the Center for Wildlife Research in Baden -Württemberg
  • Hans Lembke (1886-1959), academic drawing teacher in Freiburg and Berlin
  • Dietz Schmidt (1893-1955), playwright, Kleist Prize with Kurt Heynicke, lived for a time in Bonn village

Pictures of Bonndorf