Cerklje na Gorenjskem
Cerklje na Gorenjskem (German: Zirklach in the Upper Carniola) is a municipality in the Upper Carniola in Slovenia.
Location and population
In the overall community consisting of 30 villages and hamlets 6835 people live. The main town Cerklje na Gorenjskem alone has 1438 inhabitants. The municipality is located in the transition of Kranjsko polje to the mountain country of the Kamniske Alpe and the hill country to the east Tunjice.
- Adergas, (German: " Michael Sites" )
- Ambroz pod Krvavcem, (German: " Ambrosi mountain")
- Apno, (German: " Lime " )
- Cerkljanska Dobrava (German: " Dobrawa at Zirklach " )
- Cerklje na Gorenjskem (German: " Zirklach in the Upper Carniola " )
- Dvorje, (German: " Hofern at Zirklach " )
- Češnjevek, (German: " Kerstätten " )
- Glinje, (German: " Glinnach in the Upper Carniola " )
- Degree ( Eng.: " Egg in Zirklach " )
- Lahovče, (German: " Lachowitz " )
- Poženik, (German: " hill-fort " )
- Praprotna Polica, (English: "Upper Field at Zirklach " )
- Pšata, (German: " Begscheid " )
- Pšenična Polica, (German: "Low- field in the Upper Carniola " )
- Ravne (German: " Raunach " )
- Sidraž, (German: " Sidrasch " )
- Spodnji Brnik, (German: "Down Fernig " )
- Stiska vas, (German: " parakeet village" )
- Sveti Lenart, (German: " Sankt Leonhard " )
- Šenturška Gora (German: " Uhlrichsberg " )
- Šmartno, (English: " Saint Martin " )
- Štefanja Gora (German: " Stephan Berg " )
- Trata pri Velesovem, (German: " Tratta Lichtenberg " )
- Vasca, (German: " Flatschach " )
- Velesovo, (German: " Lichtenberg " )
- Viševca, (German: " Wischelwitz " )
- Vopovlje, (German: " Wöpulach " )
- Vrhovje, (German: " Werchowiach " )
- Zalog pri Cerkljah, (German: " Salloch at Zirklach " )
- Zgornji Brnik, (German: "Upper Fernig " )
Worth seeing is the Strmol Castle and its surrounding park and the church of the Assumption in Cerklje. As early as the 9th century a church to have stood there. Beginning of the 13th century were two smaller churches next to it. One was destroyed in an earthquake in 1511 and the other after that also demolished. The mountain is a varied landscape, hiking region in summer, in winter the ski resort of Krvavec forms a significant economic factor.
In Velesovo is the Dominican convent Michelstetten founded in 1238 and repealed in 1782.
On Krvavcem a mountain in Cerlje na Gorenjskem is since 1957 a transmission system of the Slovenian broadcasting for radio and television. As antenna support a 100 -meter-high concrete tower is used, which stands on the transmitter building the transmitter.
- Davorin Jenko, composer and conductor, * 1835 † 1914, in the district Dvorje born