The district of Gmünd lies in the north- west of Lower Austria Waldviertel.
It was founded in 1899 from parts of the districts Zwettl (former Judicial District Weitra ) and Waidhofen an der Thaya ( former judicial districts Schrems and Litschau ) formed ( Reich Law Gazette No. 123/1899 ).
The district of Gmünd is divided into 21 municipalities, including five cities, and eleven market towns.
The most important of the abbreviations used are:
- M = center of the municipality
- Stt = district
- R = Rotte
- W = hamlet
- D = village
- ZH = Scattered houses
- Sdlg = settlement
- E = bowery (only if they have their own town code)
The complete list that uses the Statistics Austria, can be found at Topographic settlement Labelling according to STAT
Please note that some places may have different spellings. So Katastralgemeinden write differently than the same localities.
Source: Statistics Austria - List for Lower Austria (PDF)
$ $ AllCoordinatesSectionEnd