Template: Infobox church in Germany / Maintenance / market
Hohenfels is a market in the Upper Palatinate district of Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 2.2 Population development
- 3.1 Mayor
- 3.2 Council tax revenue
- 3.3 twinning
- 3.4 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 monuments
- 6.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 6.2 Education
Hohenfels is the easternmost municipality in the district of Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, and is located about 30 kilometers northwest of Regensburg. The municipality is part of the Metropolitan Region of Nuremberg.
The municipality Hohenfels has 42 officially named districts:
- Plate mill
- Fries mill
- Great bite village
- Hair Ziegelhuette
- Wood Home
- Small bite village
- Small Mitterndorf
- Flour hood
- Under Linder
- Under Öden hard
- Under Wahrberg
- Wendl man Thal
- Winkl mill
There are the following districts: Big Bite village, Hohenfels, Markstetten and Raitenbuch.
Set on a ridge in the center stands the ruined castle Hohenfels from the 12th century.
The market Hohenfels was since 1383 part of the Palatinate until 1799 and seat of the Upper and Lower Court of the manorial Hohenfels. Hohenfels had a market court with extensive own rights. It was in 1799 completely united with Bavaria. In the course of administrative reform in Bavaria, was born with the congregation of 1818, the current community.
In the barracks of the training area, the U.S. military government established in 1945 a camp for Displaced Persons (DP), in which former prisoners of war and forced laborers were housed until their return to their countries of origin. Since 1946 a memorial stone as well since 1948, commemorates their liberation, the "Poland Cross" was erected by prisoners of the camp Hohenfels- Lechów in the district Nainhof.
In the far northeast of the training area and thus still in the municipality of Hohenfels is the ruins of the High Castle, which is located above the located in the neighboring district of Amberg -Sulzbach location of the core community High Castle; it dates from around 1000 AD
The communities Bergheim, Enslwang, Frabertshofen, church Öden Hart and sub Öden hard seed off in 1939 for the establishment of a military training area of the Wehrmacht. They were reclassified to Heeresgutsbezirk Hohenfels and dissolved on October 1, 1944. On January 1, 1950, the Heeresgutsbezirk was dissolved and incorporated into the parish Nainhof - Hohenfels. The area was already settled in 1951, but part of the municipality of Hohenfels on 1 October 1970.
On 1 May 1978, the formerly independent communities large bite village, Markstetten and Raitenbuch were incorporated.
June 30, 2010 2087 inhabitants lived in Hohenfels. In this U.S. citizens who are stationed at a military training area and live in Hohenfels, not considered because they were not registered there.
Mayor since 1 May 2008 Bernhard Graf ( UPW), predecessor was Heinrich Bossle ( CSU / Independent women and men).
Municipal tax revenue
Since May 2010 there is a partnership agreement with the Czech Strašice.
Coat of arms
Blazon: ". Azure, a silver rock mountain with a high peak, to which clings a left -looking, red gezungter golden lion in gekrüpfter position"
The coat of arms has been known since 1560 and was reconfirmed in 1743.
In Hohenfels is the Catholic parish church of St. Ulrich. In addition, some smaller chapels such as the Chapel of St. Sebastian, the affiliated churches of St. Giles in Raitenbuch and St. Leonhard in the United Bissendorf
Culture and sights
- Parish Church of St. Ulrich
→ List of monuments in Hohenfels ( Upper Palatinate )
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
There were 1998 in the field of agriculture and forestry not, in industry 34, and in trade and transport, no social insurance contributions at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 32 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 491 in the manufacturing sector, there was no, in construction 2 companies. In addition, in 1999, there were 37 farms with an agricultural area of 630 ha, of which were 72 hectares of arable land and 558 ha of permanent grassland.
There are the following facilities:
- Kindergartens: 75 kindergarten places with 75 children
- Elementary School: 1 with 4 classes, 5 teachers and 61 students
In Hohenfels Joint Multinational Readiness Center ( JMRC ), one of the largest military training areas in Germany is. This is under American administration and is mainly used by the U.S. Army.