Jingmen (Chinese荆门 市/荆门 市, pinyin Jingmen Shì ) is a prefecture -level city in the Chinese province of Hubei. The administrative area of the city covers an area of 12,404 km ² and has about 3.006 million inhabitants ( end of 2003). Further south is the city of Jingzhou, which borders with their city Shashi District of Jingmen. Farming in the city is dominated by cereal crops.
At county level, Jingmen consists of two districts, two counties and one independent city together. These are:
- Municipality Dongbao (东宝 区), 1645 km ², 370,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- Municipality Duodao (掇 刀 区), 639 km ², 360,000 inhabitants;
- Circle Shayang (沙洋 县), 2044 km ², 600,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Shayang (沙洋 镇);
- Jingshan county (京山 县), 3284 km ², 650,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Xinshi (新市镇);
- Zhongxiang City (钟祥 市), 4488 km ², 1.03 million inhabitants.
31.043611111111112.20083333333Koordinaten: 31 ° 3 ' N, 112 ° 12'
- Location in Hubei
- District -free city (China)
- Million city