Jingzhou (Chinese荆州 市) is a prefecture-level city with a population of 6.47 million ( 2005). At the census in 2000 6.279.990 inhabitants still were counted. The city is located in the south of Hubei Province (China ). The administrative area of the city of Jingzhou, which extends over an area of 14,104 km ², Jingzhou is part of the major Western industrial bases (next to Yichang Jingmen ) from Hubei with an emphasis on power, petroleum industry, chemical industry and light and textile industry. Jingzhou, Shashi is particularly strong environmentally contaminated.
At county level, Jingzhou consists of two districts, three counties and three independent cities together. These are:
- City Shashi District -沙市 区Shashi Qū; 469 km ², 540,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- Jingzhou City District -荆州 区Jingzhou Qū; 1046 km ², 570,000 inhabitants; museum
- Jianli county -监利县Jianli Xiàn; 3118 km ², 1.46 million inhabitants, capital: greater community Rongcheng (容 城镇);
- Circle Gong'an -公安 县Gong'an Xiàn; 2258 km ², 1.03 million inhabitants, capital: greater community Douhuti (斗 湖堤 镇);
- Jiangling county -江陵 县Jiānglíng Xiàn; 1032 km ², 400,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Haoxue (郝 穴 镇);
- Honghu City -洪湖 市Honghu Shì; 2519 km ², 920,000 inhabitants;
- City Shishou -石 首 市Shíshǒu Shì; 1427 km ², 650,000 inhabitants;
- City Songzi -松滋 市Songzi Shì; 2235 km ², 840,000 inhabitants.
30.334444444444112.22444444444Koordinaten: 30 ° 20 ' N, 112 ° 13 ' E
- Location in Hubei
- District -free city (China)
- Million city