Klíčany is located on the right side of the Vltava River in the Czech panel creek on a knoll in the headwaters of Máslovický. South-east rises the Beckov (305 m). East of the highway D 8 / E 55 runs from Lovosice to Prague, find the closest exit is Zdiby.
Neighboring towns are Dolínek and Panenské Břežany in the north, and baStek Bašť in the east, and Libeznice Sedlec in the southeast, and Zdibsko Klecany in the south, and Husinec Větrušice the southwest, Drasty, Hoštice and Vodochody in the west and Postřižín in the northwest.
The first written mention of Klíčany dates back to 1380th
After the abolition of manorial Klitschan formed in 1850 a municipality in the district of Karlin. As of 1928, the village belonged to the district Praha- venkov. By 1946, the community came to Okres Praha -sever and since 1961 it belongs to the Okres Praha- východ. 1948 " Heritage Community Josef Stejskal, Zdiby " was expropriated and nationalized their possession.
For the community Klíčany no districts are reported.
- Bell tower, built in 1744