Template: Infobox college / Logo missing template: Infobox university / professors missing
Laurentian University ( Université Laurentienne ), is a state public bilingual research university with its headquarters in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. The University was founded on 28 March 1960 and offers Bachelor and Master degree programs and doctoral programs. In 2012, approximately 9000 students were enrolled in the Bachelor and 500 students in the master's degree programs. Since 2005, the University operates a new modern Medical School, the Northern Ontario School of Medicine. The Medical School offers special study areas in the medical field.
Laurentian 's origins date back to the Roman Catholic Church. Thus was founded a university in the academic year 1959-60 by the representatives of the Roman Catholic, United, Anglican and churches. 1964, the main campus was opened in Greater Sudbury.
The University main campus is located south of Lake Ramsey and the downtown area of Sudbury in Bell Grove district. At the University are two independent Studentenvvereinigungen for full-time and part-time students. Then there are the Francophone Student's Association ( AEF ) which, for French -speaking students, while the Student's General Association ( SGA) is primarily responsible for English as well as French-speaking students.
- Faculties of Social Sciences & Humanities
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Professional Schools
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Goodman School of Mines
- Great Hall ( Grand Salon )
- Fraser Auditorium
- Ben Avery
- Alex Baumann, Canadian swimmer
- Leo Gerard, president of the union and the United Steelworkers
- Elie Martel, Canadian politician
- Tony Martin, Canadian politician
- Sharon Murdock, Canadian politician
- André Paiement, Canadian musician
- Michael Persinger, Professor of Psychology