Liuzhou ( Zhuang: Liujcouh / Liuзcouƅ; Chinese柳州市) is a prefecture-level city in the Autonomous Region Guangxi Zhuang nationality in the People's Republic of China.
The administrative area Liuzhous has an area of 18,677 km ² and approximately 3.54 million inhabitants ( end of 2004). In Liuzhou Liuzhou dialect of Southwestern Mandarin is spoken. Liuzhou is in central Guangxi and is therefore one of the transport and business hubs of the area. Industry: metallurgical processes, mechanical engineering, vehicle construction. In rural areas Liuzhous dominates the sugar cane cultivation.
The River Liu winds in a 180 ° arc around the city. It is spanned by eight road and a railway bridge. In early summer it is often colored yellow by brought from the source area sediments.
Administrative divisions Liuzhous
At county level, Liuzhou sets of four city districts, four districts and two autonomous circles together. These are:
- Municipality Chengzhong (城中 区= " center " ), 125 km ², a population of 120,000, the city center, seat of the city government;
- Municipality Yufeng (鱼峰 区), 98 km ², 220,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Liunan (柳南 区), 162 km ², 300,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Liubei (柳北区), 282 km ², 330,000 inhabitants;
- Liujiang county (柳江 县), 2504 km ², 540,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Labao (拉 堡镇);
- Circle Liucheng (柳城县), 2124 km ², 410,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Dabu (大埔 镇);
- Circle Luzhai (鹿寨 县), 3358 km ², 480,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Luzhai (鹿寨 镇);
- Circle Rong'an (融安县), 2904 km ², 320,000 inhabitants, capital: Chang'an greater community (长安 镇);
- Sanjiang Dong Autonomous County (三江 侗族 自治县), 2455 km ², 350,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Guyi (古 宜 镇);
- Autonomous County Rongshui Miao (融 水 苗族 自治县), 4665 km ², 470,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Rongshui (融 水镇).
- Passau, Germany since 1999