Mueang Narathiwat District
Amphoe Mueang Narathiwat ( Thai: อำเภอ เมือง นราธิวาส ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in Narathiwat province in the southern region of Thailand. The capital of the district is called Narathiwat.
Neighbouring districts ( from the southeast clockwise): Amphoe Tak Bai, the Cho - Airong, Ra Ngae, Yi - ngo and Bacho of Narathiwat Province and Amphoe May Kaen Province Pattani. To the east is the Gulf of Thailand.
The district of Mueang Narathiwat came only during the 20th century to Thailand, old ties to the south are felt everywhere. Also, a " freedom movement " has organized itself, which calls for the connection to Malaysia. However, Malaysia itself has little interest in reunification.
The area of Mueang Narathiwat was originally a village called Menara ( เม อ นารา or เม อ นา รอ ) and Sai Buri Mueang was subordinate. Later, it was promoted to a Tambon Mueang and assigned Ra Ngae. As Tambon Manalo grew, the government decided to transfer the management of Tambon Tanyong Mat by Manalo. At the same Tambon Manalo was promoted to Mueang Bang Nara. Köngig Vajiravudh (Rama VI. ) Gave the city in 1915, the name of Narathiwat, however, the name of the county in 1917 by the old name in Mueang Bang Nara was changed. 1938, the name of the district was changed in Mueang Narathiwat.
In Amphoe Mueang Narathiwat, the Princess of Naradhiwas University is located.
In this district is the regional airport in Narathiwat.
Amphoe Mueang Narathiwat is in seven communities ( tambon) divided, in turn, in 57 villages ( Muban ) are divided.
Narathiwat itself ( Thai: เทศบาล เมือง นราธิวาส ) has a city - state ( thesaban Mueang ), it consists of a part of the Tambon Bang Nak.
There are also six " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations) in the district.