Neuhaeusel (Alsatian Neihisel; German Neuhäusel ) is a commune with 362 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Bas- Rhin in the Alsace region. It belongs to the district Haguenau, to Canton Bischwiller and community association L' Uffried.
- 4.1 Road Access
The community Neuhaeusel is about 22 kilometers east of Haguenau and 35 kilometers north-east of Strasbourg on the left bank of the Rhine, in the middle of the river runs the German -French border. The village center is located one kilometer west of the Rhine, protected by a ten -meter-high dike. Immediately west of the Rhine dike runs the mod that opens a few hundred meters northeast of Neuhaeusel ( in the district Roppenheim ) into the Rhine. Also the mod is diked. In the table level, 114 to 117 m above sea level in the terrain to Neuhaeusel a section of the Rhine dike is 126 m the highest point in the 8.05 km ² of the municipality. Characteristic in the flat landscape are narrow depressions that were created by former river courses (Giessen, Sauwoerthgraben ). Until the mid-19th Jahrgunderts straightening of the Rhine, the meandering rivers Rhine and mildew often changed its course and left numerous pebble and gravel surfaces. In the southeast of the village there are two water-filled gravel pits. To these pits are remains of riparian forests have received the otherwise largely disappeared due to the lowering of ground water by the straightening of the Rhine. In the northeast, the municipality has Neuhaeusel a small proportion of an artificially created island in the Rhine, which separates the left bank of the Rhine Iffezheim of the right bank, locks the Iffezheim.
Neighboring communities of Neuhaeusel are Roppenheim in the north, Iffezheim ( Germany ) in the Northeast, Hügelheim ( Germany ) in the east and Fort Louis in the south and west.
Neuhaeusel was probably founded in the late 17th century during the construction of the nearby Fort Louis. A first written mention dates back to the 1725., The early inhabitants of Neuhaeusel played a decisive role in the construction of the Vauban fortress Fort -Louis, by producing bricks and tiles and delivered. The village church of St. Luke ( Église Saint- Luc ) was constructed in 1724 on the foundations of an old chapel. Until the mid- 20th century, the inhabitants of the village lived mainly on fishing and inland shipping.
- Village church of St. Luke ( Église Saint- Luc )
Economy and infrastructure
In Neuhäusel there next three farms smaller commercial and service companies, including two inns. Some residents commute to nearby commercial areas on the French (including the nearby Roppenheim The Style Outlets ) and on the German side of the Rhine. Despite sandy and stony soils maize is the staple crop in the fields around Neuharusel - since the 1990s, a monoculture in the Upper Rhine area. High yields are only high reach here fertilizers and especially with long irrigation campaigns.
Despite the somewhat hidden location in the floodplains Neuhaeusel is well connected to the national transport network. Just north of the village of the expressway from Baden -Baden on the Rhine passes to A35. Siese partially constructed road two-lane serves as a brace between the parallel highways in the Upper Rhine Valley - the linksreheinischen toll-free French A35 and the right bank of the German A5. The nearest rail connection is located in the five kilometers west Rœschwoog located on the railway line Wörth - Strasbourg.