Stadio Artemio Franchi
- ACF Florence
- Football World Cup 1934
- Final Europe Cup Winners' Cup 1960/61
- European Football Championship 1968
- Football World Cup 1990
The Stadio Comunale Artemio Franchi is the largest football stadium in Florence, named after the many years of Florentine club and UEFA president Artemio Franchi.
The stadium has since reconstruction in 1990 a capacity of 47,282 seats, it is the home of Serie A club ACF Florence.
The Artemio Franchi was donated by the marker Luigi Ridolfi, who made it the city of Florence as a gift. On September 13, 1931 Fiorentina moved into the new, then still Stadio Giovanni Berta called Stadium.
The stadium was, both designed by Pier Luigi Nervi, a very famous Italian architect and built. Construction and design of the stadium proved to be pioneering in the planning for the following stages, so that again will find many elements at later stages constructed.
Over the years, some changes were made to the stadium: For the Football World Cup 1990 in Italy the athletics track was replaced with additional seating and the Comunale transformed into a pure football stadium.
In 1991, the stadium after longtime president of ACF Fiorentina Artemio Franchi, was named the 1973-1983 UEFA President was.
The official attendance record dated November 25, 1984, when during a Serie A match between Fiorentina and Inter 58 271 spectators were counted.
Occasionally, the stadium is also used for games of the Italian national rugby union team, so 20 November 2010 against Australia.