Tangshan (Chinese唐山 市, pinyin Tangshan Shì ) is an important industrial city in northeastern China's Hebei province, with 2,057,561 inhabitants in the inner city (1 January 2005).
Tangshan is located about 135 km east of the Chinese capital Beijing.
About the area surrounding the city beltway Tangshan is connected to the Jingshen highway that runs from Beijing to Shenyang, and to the south-west lying about the city of Tianjin Tianjin Highway.
Tangshan was hit on July 28, 1976 by a powerful earthquake and almost completely destroyed (see Tangshan Earthquake 1976). At the earthquake today remember a stele on the main square in the city center as well as an earthquake information center, which is the only museum in China, dealing with earthquakes.
At county level, Tangshan consists of seven districts, five counties and two independent cities together. These are:
- Municipality Lubei (路北区), 113 km ², 620,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- Municipality Caofeidian (曹 妃 甸 区), 1943.72 km ², 220,000 inhabitants;
- City Fengnan (丰南 区), 1568 km ², 520,000 inhabitants;
- Fengrun District (丰润区), 1334 km ², 890,000 inhabitants;
- City Guye District (古冶 区), 263 km ², 360,000 inhabitants;
- City Kaiping District (开平 区), 253 km ², 330,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Lunan (路南区), 65 km ², 240,000 inhabitants;
- Circle Laoting (乐亭 县), 1308 km ², 490,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Laoting (乐 亭镇);
- Circle Luan (滦 县), 999 km ², 540,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Luanzhou (滦 州镇);
- Luannan county (滦南县), 1270 km ², 570,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Bencheng (倴 城镇);
- Qianxi County (迁西县), 1439 km ², 360,000 inhabitants, capital: large village Xingcheng (兴 城镇);
- Yutian county (玉田 县), 1165 km ², 660,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Yutian (玉田 镇);
- Qian'an City (迁安 市), 1208 km ², 680,000 inhabitants;
- Zunhua City (遵化 市), 1521 km ², 690,000 inhabitants.
- Sweden Malmo, Sweden, since 1987
- Japan Sakata, Japan, since 1990
- United Kingdom Lincoln, United Kingdom, since 1992
- United States Cedar Rapids, United States, since 1997
- Earthquake Information Center: deals as China's only museum with the theme of earthquake
39.633333333333118.18333333333Koordinaten: 39 ° 38 'N, 118 ° 11 ' E
- Place in Hebei
- District -free city (China)
- Million city