TER Picardie is one of 17 transportation companies that for the Picardy region of France, the logistics of local public transport (LPT ) provides. The company will be shared equally by the French state railway SNCF and the region. TER Picardie is one of 22 TER mergers in France.
The system was introduced in 2002 and brought to the first four years, an increase of passenger traffic by 14.4 percent. This acceptance is based improvement claims to be mainly due to the investment in new rolling stock and improvements at stations. There are, it is said further, no other region of France, in the per capita so much was spent in transport infrastructure: 118 euros per inhabitant per year.
The traffic area comprises the three departments of Aisne (02), Oise (60) and Somme (80). Important centers are the cities of Amiens and Saint-Quentin 136,000 with 59,000 inhabitants.
In 2006, the TER Picardie transported an average of 35,600 passengers daily with 8.1 million annual train - kilometers. Daily train an average of 483 individual trains and bus services that connect 65 TER stations with each other. Covering an area of 19,400 km ² it is thus an average of 300 km ² TER Station. The annual turnover is 147 million euros. This is the fifth- best ranking of 22 TER regional companies in France.
From the daily train services alone account for 64 percent of trips to Paris or the Ile de France, 11 percent in the other surrounding regions and 25 percent of trips in the Picardie region.
The central, location very close to the " heart of France ", the Ile de France, there are an unusual number of connections to other regions of France (clockwise starting on the coast, places outside of Picardy in italics):
- TER Nord-Pas -de- Calais Line 24, Amiens - Le Touquet - Boulogne
- Line 1, Amiens - Arras - Lille
- Line 22, Reims - Cambrai - Lille
- Line 17, Lille - Hirson - Charleville- Mézières
- Line 8, Laon - Liart
- Lines 3 and 4, Saint- Quentin - Laon - Reims
- Line 9, Reims - La Ferte -Milon - Paris Est
- Line 10, Reims - Chateau Thierry - Paris Est
- Line 6, Laon - Paris Est
- Line 7, Crery -en- Valon - Paris Est
- Line 4, Amiens - Compiègne - Paris Nord
- Line 12, Amiens - Creil - Paris Nord
- Line 23, Creil - Paris Nord
- Line 19, Beauvais - Paris Nord
- Line 17, Serqueux - Gisors - Paris-St. Lazard
- Line 2, Rouen - Serqueux - Abancourt - Arras
- Line 21, Beauvais - Abancourt - Le Treport
- Line 25, Abbeville - Le Treport
Overall, has the Picardie region