Vivero ( Galician Viveiro ) is a Spanish municipality in the province of Lugo of the autonomous community of Galicia. Viveiro is also a city that is the administrative seat of the homonymous municipality. The 16,016 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013), covers an area of 109,30 km2
Viveiro is located at the mouth of the river Landro the Cantabrian Sea, the one Ria is here.
Church of Santa María
Arts and Culture
- The legacy of history is still visible in many places in Vivero. Defied remains of the wall, the pirate attacks, fires and floods can still be seen today along with three city gates.
- Of the Romanesque church, Iglesia de Santa María del Campo starts the grand procession during Holy Week ( Semana Santa ). With the wax figure offerings known beyond the borders can be found directly opposite the replica of the Lourdes Grotto, which makes Vivero to Santiago de Compostela to the second largest pilgrimage site in Galicia.
- The Romanesque church of San Pedro, is the oldest in the region, the origins go back to the sixth century. Many other attractions from all eras can still be found on the Town website.
Source: Spanish Ministry of the Interior
- Population figures, see INE and INE Archive
- Coordinates and altitude information see Google Earth
- Postcodes on GeoPostcodes.com