14th arrondissement of Paris
- Parc de Montsouris
- Petit -Montrouge
The 564 -acre 14th district ( arrondissement de l' Observatoire ) is one of 20 arrondissement of the French capital Paris.
- 4.1 Mayor
- 5.1 Attractions
- 5.2 Major Squares and streets
- 5.3 green spaces
- 5.4 station
The district lies on the left bank of the Seine and on the east by the 13th, in the west on the 15th and on the north by the 5th and 6th arrondissement.
The 14th district consists of the following four districts:
- Quartier du Montparnasse
- Quartier du Parc de Montsouris
- Quartier du Petit -Montrouge
- Quartier de Plaisance
According to the official count district of Paris is thereby accomodation 53 to 56
According to the census of 2006 134.370 inhabitants were reported in 564 acres of the 14th arrondissement. This corresponds to a population density of 23 824 inhabitants per km ². Thus 6.2% of the population of Paris have their main residence in this district.
The Town Hall is located in the 2 Place Ferdinand Brunot, 75675 Paris Cedex 14 Tel: 01 53 90 67 14
Since the elections of March 7, 2009 occupied Pascal Cherki, member of the French Socialist Party, PS, mayor. He succeeded to his deceased party colleague Pierre Castagnou.
See also: List of Monuments historiques in the 14th Arrondissement (Paris)
- The former Abbaye de Port- Royal de Paris
- The Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris
- The Fondation Cartier ( Art Foundation )
- The Fondation Henri -Cartier Bresson ( Art Foundation )
- The prison " La Santé "
- The former Hospice de La Rochefoucauld
- The Hôtel de Massa
- The Catacombs ( ossuary )
- The metro entrance " Denfert -Rochereau " by Hector Guimard
- The Montparnasse Tower
- The Montparnasse district
- The Observatory
- The customs houses of Ledoux ( Place Denfert - Rochereau)
- Notre -Dame- du- Travail (1899-1901), rue Guilleminot
- Notre Dame du Rosaire de Plaisance ( 1911), rue Raymond Losserand
- St- Pierre de Montrouge (1863-1872), Avenue du Général Leclerc
- St. Dominique de la Tombe Issoire - (1913-1921), rue de la Tombe Issoire
- Eglise Baptiste Evangélique
- Eglise Libre Evangélique Paris - Alesia
- Réformée Eglise de Plaisance Paris
- Chapel of St. Yves de la Cité du Souvenir
- Chapel of the Couvent Saint- François ( 1936), rue Marie-Rose
Major Squares and streets
- Place Denfert -Rochereau
- Place Edgar Quinet
- Avenue du Général Leclerc
- Avenue du Maine
- Boulevard du Montparnasse
- Boulevard Raspail
- Rue de l' Arrivée
- Rue Delambre
- Rue Daguerre
- Rue du Départ
- Montparnasse Cemetery
- Atlantique Parc
- Parc Montsouris
The well-known cabaret singer Georges Brassens lived long in the impasse Florimont in the 14th arrondissement.
The Nestor Burma novel Les rats de Montsouris (Eng. The rats in Mäuseberg ) by Léo Malet plays in the 14th arrondissement.