Acqua Rossa, eastern part of the village
Acqua Rossa is a municipality in the district of Acqua Rossa, in the district Blenio of the canton of Ticino in Switzerland.
It was created on 4 April 2004 from the merger of the previously independent municipalities Castro, Corzoneso, Dongio ( dt Because friction ), Largario, Leontica, Lottigna, Marolta, Ponto Valentino and Prugiasco. It was named after the central spa town of Acqua Rossa.
- Far above the hamlet Prugiasco is the Romanesque church of San Carlo di Negrentino. It was built in the 11th century and enlarged in the 12th century. It is considered one of the most important historical monuments of the Blenio. Inside it contains Romanesque and late Gothic frescoes. The 1676 Dating bell broke in the 1940s. In the sense of the Preservation of Cultural Heritage, the bell was put in place a new purchase repaired and ringing since 7 December 2008 again, the day of St. Ambrose,
- Parish Church of Sant'Ambrogio
- In the district of " Acqua Rossa ", ex Hotel Terme
- In the district of " Comprovasco " parish church of Santi Giacomo Bartolomeo, Vincenzo de ' Paoli.
Lottigna: Casa Landvogti ( Museum )
Lottigna: church of Santi Pietro e Paolo
Negrentino Church of San Carlo
Corzoneso: Church of Santi Nazario e Celso