Amcor is an Australian company based in Melbourne. The company is listed on the stock index S & P / ASX 50. The company produces packaging and plastic bottles.
1860, the company Australian Paper Manufacturers by Samuel Ramsden, a young stonemason from Yorkshire, was founded. In 1986, the company name to Amcor.
Amcor acquired in July 2002, many divisions of the German company narrow -Lubeca. This Amcor has become one of the largest producers of PET. The end of 2004, the company was involved in an antitrust case in Australia. 2007 Amcor sold its packaging bottle production in Europe, the Spanish company La Seda. 2010 aluminum foil fabricators in Kreuzlingen, Rorschach, singing and Teningen were adopted by the Rio Tinto Alcan Inc.. In the same year Amcor took over the packaging division of Alcan Group and introduced a new logo.
Amcor in Germany and Switzerland
The headquarters of the German branch offices located in Zurich. Among other things, the following Amcor plants in Germany, and Switzerland are known:
- Bad Laer ( Brömeda Amcor Flexibles Germany GmbH)
- Rinteln ( Rinteln Amcor Flexibles GmbH) - 100% subsidiary of Amcor Flexibles GmbH Viersen
- Berlin ( Amcor Tobacco Packaging Berlin GmbH)
- Neumünster ( Amcor Tobacco Packaging Neumünster GmbH)
- Singing ( Amcor Flexibles Singen GmbH)
- Teningen ( Amcor Flexibles Teningen Tscheulin - Rothal GmbH) and
- Viersen ( Amcor Flexibles GmbH Viersen ) - closed as at 31 December 2011.
Sales offices are located in Barsbuettel in Hamburg ( Amcor Flexibles - Hamburg GmbH), Berlin and Moembris.
Locations in Switzerland:
- Burgdorf ( Amcor Flexibles Burgdorf GmbH)
- Kreuzlingen ( Amcor Flexibles Kreuzlingen AG)
- Schüpbach ( Amcor Flexibles Schüpbach GmbH)
- Rickenbach in Solothurn ( Amcor Tobacco Packaging Switzerland GmbH )
- Rorschach ( Amcor Flexibles Rorschach AG)