Arisdorf situated on 345 m asl near the motorway exit Arisdorf the A2 ( Switzerland ) and the Arisdorftunnels. The municipality also includes the hamlet of Basel- Olsberg, which is separated by the Violenbach of Aargau- Olsberg. Arisdorf is developed by the AAGL line 83 from the cantonal capital of Liestal and Augst / Pratteln. Its neighboring municipalities are Giebenach, Füllinsdorf, Liestal, Hersberg, as well as the communities Magden and Aargau Olsberg.
In 1154, the village of Arnold ( Arnolsdorf ) was first mentioned. 1300 gelangete the village from the Good burgers to the Lords of Thierstein. 1446 the Lords of Bärenfels had bought the whole village. In 1532 they sold it to the city of Basel. 1798 Arisdorf was the starting point for the Basel revolution that brought the Landschäftler subjects equal rights with the city.
1882 The previously independent community Olsberg BL was merged with Arisdorf.
Coat of arms
Golden background and a black bear standing on red Three mountain. This is the seal of the last aristocratic owner of the village, the men of Bärenfels.
Arisdorf is a distinct farming village with a remarkable number of cherry and apple trees.
- Late Gothic church of 1595 with the first dating from 1849 harmonic chimes ( in three parts ) in Basel-Land.
- Old Mill
- Former presbytery with 1798 incised in the southern deciduous support symbols of the French Revolution.
- Johann Buxtorf (1663-1732), was from 1694 to 1704 reformed pastor in Arisdorf
- Marc Surer ( born 1951 ), race driver. Fuhr 1980-1986 Formula 1 Commented today formula 1 race at Premiere.