Fangshan (房山区) is a municipality in the southwest of the centrally-administered city of Beijing in the north of the People's Republic of China.
Fangshan has an area of 2,019 square kilometers and 754,000 inhabitants ( end of 2005, only residents with primary residence ). The population density is 373.5 inhabitants per km ².
Fangshan is world famous because here is the site where the fossils of Peking Man at Zhoukoudian. Another major attraction is the Yunju Temple in Dashiwo.
In the region Fangshan Geopark one with the participation of UNESCO was set up because the varied and special geological situation aroused great attention among professionals and interested laymen. This area is 954 km ² and is located in the area of administrative district of Beijing and Hebei Province.
At the community level, Fangshan three city sub-districts, eight road districts, eleven large municipalities and six municipalities sets together. These are:
- City subdistrict Liang Xiang (良乡 地区), center, seat of the City District Government;
- City subdistrict Zhoukoudian (周口店 地区);
- City subdistrict Liulihe (琉璃河 地区);
- Road Chengguan District (城关 街道);
- Road district Xinzhen (新 镇 街道);
- Road District Xiangyang (向阳 街道);
- Road district Dongfeng (东风 街道);
- Road district Yingfeng (迎风 街道);
- Road district Xingcheng (星城 街道);
- Road district Gongchen (拱辰 街道);
- Road district Xilu (西 潞 街道);
- Greater community Yancun (阎 村镇);
- Greater community Doudian (窦店 镇);
- Greater community Shilou (石 楼镇);
- Greater community Chang Yang (长 阳镇);
- Greater community of Hebei (河北 镇);
- Greater community Changgou (长 沟镇);
- Greater community Dashiwo (大 石窝 镇);
- Large village Zhang Fang (张 坊镇);
- Greater community Shidu (十 渡镇);
- Greater community Qinglonghu (青龙湖 镇);
- Greater community Hancunhe (韩村河 镇);
- Community Xiayunling (霞云 岭乡);
- Community Nanjiao (南 窖 乡);
- Community Fozizhuang (佛 子 庄乡);
- Community Da'anshan (大安 山乡);
- Community Shijiaying (史家 营乡);
- Community Puah (蒲 洼 乡).