Iga (Japanese伊 贺 市, -shi) is a city in the Japanese prefecture of Mie.
Iga is located west of Tsu and east of Nara.
It was formed on 11 November 2004 as a result of the amalgamation of the city of Ueno (上 野 市, -shi), the municipalities of Iga (伊 贺 町, chō ) and Ayama (阿 山 町, chō ), the villages Shimagahara (島ヶ原 村- mura ) and Oyamada (大 山 田村, -mura ) of the district Ayama, as well as the community Aoyama (青山 町, -chō ) of the district of Naga.
- Train: JR Kansai Main Line
- JR Kusatsu Line, to Kusatsu
- Kintetsu Osaka Line
- Kintetsu Iga Line
- National Road 25,163,165,368,421,422
- Ueno castle
- Birthplace of Matsuo Bashō
Sons and daughters of the town
- Matsuo Bashō (1644-1694), poet
- Hattori Doho (1657-1730), poet
- Jiro Kawasaki (* 1947), politician
- Hattori Hanzō
- Hakaru Hashimoto ( pathologist, surgeon )
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Mie Prefecture Tsu
- Minami- Yamashiro