The Rødekro ( German Roth pitcher) was a municipality in Jutland Office / North Schleswig, Denmark. It was created in 1970 by merging the municipalities Egvad ( German: Eckwatt ) Hellevad ( German: Bright watts), Hjordkær ( German: Jordkirch ), Øster Løgum ( German: Osterlügum ) and the largest part of Rise ( German: ream). Since 2007 she is part of a large municipality with its center in Aabenraa ( German: Aabenraa ).
Economy and Transport
The village Rødekro is situated on the E 45 north-south highway, and well-developed roads lead to Ribe, Løgumkloster and Aabenraa.
At the station, all trains of the railway line Flensburg- Fredericia, including Euro City and Intercity trains to ensure among other things, direct connections to Aarhus, Copenhagen and Hamburg. The branch line to Bredebro and Løgumkloster disappeared as early as 1936, the branch line to Aabenraa in 1971 adjusted for passenger and must not be driven on since 2004. Since there are between Tinglev and Vojens no other station more Rødekro 's station for a wide surrounding area including the six kilometers away 21,000 -inhabitant city of Aabenraa.
The bus connection is well above average. At the station the express Esbjerg Sønderborg holds. Buses from Aabenraa to Løgumkloster Skærbæk, Romo ( German: Rom ) and Ribe perform all over Rødekro and are amplified by an oscillating line between the station and Aabenraa.
The town's name derives from a tavern (the red jug ), which was located in the parish of Rise, close to the parish Hjordkær and where at times the thing the court Ries Harde was held. The place was Rødekro but only after 1864, the railway from Flensburg to Fredericia completed and in 1869 a branch line was built in the six kilometers to the port city of Aabenraa. Especially at the expense of the latter, Rødekro developed into a classic Bahnhofsort. In the 20th century the importance grew, especially as more and more traffic was moved onto the street and numerous enterprises settled in the flat, low-cost and easily accessible area of the town. This function was reinforced by the construction of the highway E 45, which makes the place even more to the transport hub.
An independent municipality, however, never made Rødekro. From 1871 to 1920, the estate was divided among the rural communities and Lunderup Brunde. After these had been united in 1920 in the parish church Rise, the place continued to grow and exceeded partly the border of the neighboring parish Hjordkær. Only the municipal reform in 1970 brought Rødekro uniform administrative structures. The place was the economic center of the new, formed from five parishes of the municipality and this gave even his name.
2007 united municipalities Rødekro, Lundtoft, Bov, Tinglev and the old Aabenraa Municipality to large Aabenraa Municipality with around 60,000 inhabitants, the traditional harbor town is the center. The first mayor, however, the former mayor Rødekroer Tove Larsen ( Social Democrats ) was elected in the municipal elections in 2005 and 2009.
Sons and daughters
- Maja Alm ( * 1988), Orientieurungsläuferin
- Sophie Countess of Brockdorff (1848-1906), Theosophist