History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of wood sheep乙未( at the beginning of the year Wood Horse甲午)
Era of Diocletian: 111/112 ( year November )
Syria: 706/707 ( year in October )
- To the Eastern Roman Empire include the dioceses of Dacia, Thrace, Macedonia, Achaea ( with Crete ), Asia, Pontus, Orient and Egypt; these are under Arcadius, the Eastern Roman Emperor.
- To the Western Roman Empire include the dioceses Britain, Gaul, the seven provinces ( southern Gaul ), Spain, Pannonia, Northern Italy, Southern Italy and Africa; these are under Honorius, the Western Roman Emperor. Since both Kaiser are a minor, Stilicho is determined to be her guardian and regent.
- Stilicho secure the Rhine frontier against the Germans. He dismisses the Westgotenheer under Alaric I, who had fought at his side against Arbogast in the previous year, according to Niedermösien, but raise them up there against the Romans; the Byzantine commander Rufinus, the offer of assistance of his rival Stilicho back: Greece falls victim to the plundering raids of Alaric.
- The Western Roman imperial court moved from Trier to Milan.
- To 395: Hunimund, prince of the Danube Swabians ( † after 469 )
- NOVEMBER 27: Rufinus, East Roman military leader and politician, murdered (* 335 )