History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Ox辛丑( at the beginning of the year metal rat庚子)
Era of Diocletian: 297/298 ( year November )
Syria: 892/893 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- After the death of Tobo Arslan Khan ( " Taspar " ) whose successor Shetu Baga Yshbara device as a leader of the Eastern Turks in rivalry with the West Turks under Qara - Churin Turk Bogiu: the first kingdom of Göktürks breaks now formally.
- The Chinese General Yang Jiang, who had overthrown the 577 Northern Qi Dynasty on behalf of the Northern Zhou Dynasty, removed after 580 death happened the last emperor of the Zhou dynasty, his heirs and justified itself the Sui Dynasty. As Emperor he called Wen Di Thus, the time of the Southern and Northern Dynasties is finished.
- The Ghassanids ruler Al- Mundhir III. , A vassal of Eastern Roman Empire, is deposed by the emperor Tiberius I. for alleged treason. The Ghassanidenreich begins to disintegrate in the subsequent period.
- Defeat of the Persians against the Eastern Roman commander Maurikios.
- Sun simiao, Chinese physician and religious scholars († 682 )