History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Fire Snake丁巳(at the beginning of Fire Dragon丙辰)
Era of Diocletian: 613/614 ( year November )
Syria: 1208/ 09 ( the year in October )
- Cadaver synod in Rome: Pope Stephen VI. can exhume the body of his pre-predecessor Formosus and pass sentence for alleged abuses.
- August: Stephen VI. is deposed and strangled in prison. His successor will Romanus, who, however, died in November. Even his successor, Theodore II is only 20 days in office, but at least has time to set aside the judgment of the corpse Synod and to provide a proper burial of Formosus.
- 897: The ruler of the Chola empire strikes the last rulers of the Pallava in single combat.
- Abu l - Faraj al - Isfahani, Arab historian, writer and poet († 967 )
- Ngo Quyen, King of Viet Nam († 944 )
- Theodora II of Tusculum, Roman Senatrix († 950 )
- August:. Stephan VI, Pope
- August 11: Wilfried I., Catalan nobleman
- November: Theodore II, Pope